Stephen Ireland

If you have not been robbed on La Rambla you might as well not bother saying you have been to Barca. It would be like going to Rome and not visiting the Colosseum or Berlin and Checkpoint Charlie. It is a must do.

Great trip that one. Fantastic sitting in the beach bars beforehand.
Totally agree with this, it's not even discreet on La Ramblas, I was pick pocketed - 2 dead AAA batteries from the camera I had out earlier in the day from my back pocket while tightly holding onto my phone and wallet with my hands in each side pocket

Actually I remember, albeit after a few Estrellas, that he was excellent on the night. Ireland was capable of brilliance. I thought he was one of the best youngsters I had ever seen at City when I watched him in the youth team. I honestly thought he and Michael Johnson would both be greats for City. They both had their moments, and Ireland did play at international level. But, as someone has already said, what singles out the true greats in all sports is not just their skill but their mental strength. Less skilful players than Ireland and Johnson have won Premier Leagues but it's what it's in your head that really matters at the highest level.

Vladimir Weiss star man for me. Ireland was decent though.

Totally agree with this, it's not even discreet on La Ramblas, I was pick pocketed - 2 dead AAA batteries from the camera I had out earlier in the day from my back pocket while tightly holding onto my phone and wallet with my hands in each side pocket

It is a mystery why there is not a greater police presence or action as it does sully the reputation of a great City.

I can't think of a single player I grew up watching in the 90s or 00s before our first title winning season who would get close to this squad, even the ones who looked like they might do something.

Some would have you believe Richard Dunne could be a part of this team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.