Stepthen ireland

"More interested in being a footballer than playing football" ?

Scored some cracking goals though. How I loved it when that team was on song, Petrov, Robinho, Ireland and Corradi!

The only reason he looked good the one decent season he had was because all the opposition players were marking Elano and Robinho so he had loads of time and space on the ball. Sorry to say but it's no surprise he has ended up where he is.

some of the comments on here are unbelievable

Potentially he was a fantastic playerr Mancini never fancied him and he never recoevered from beng a makeweight in the Milber transfer

He had a fantastic season but really never capitalised on it personally i thoroughly enjoyed watching him sad it all fell apart shit happens but once again people slagging of City players.

His performances at Villa were dire and had he made similar performances at City i could understand some of the comments but he was not that bad.

Crikey!... If someone had told me after that 2009 season he would be signing for Doncaster within 5 years i would have laughed myself silly. I was sure Ireland and Johnson were gona be our Gerrard/Lampard players.

Real shame but like others have mentioned he has always been madder than a bag of tw@ts

I think its a quality move for Doncaster getting both Shay Given & Stevie Ireland. both more than able to help Super Dickov.
I have a soft spot for Doncaster and Brentford for a couple of reasons ;)

Superman didn't turn out to be that super afterall. Pity, as this guy was a genuine talent. Would have loved to see him and Michael Johnson being part of our midfield nowadays.

dctid said:
some of the comments on here are unbelievable

Potentially he was a fantastic playerr Mancini never fancied him and he never recoevered from beng a makeweight in the Milber transfer

He had a fantastic season but really never capitalised on it personally i thoroughly enjoyed watching him sad it all fell apart shit happens but once again people slagging of City players.

His performances at Villa were dire and had he made similar performances at City i could understand some of the comments but he was not that bad.
He wasnt great was bang on form for 4 months of a season and everyone thought he was on par with Kaka
Form is temporary just ask Michael Ricketts

DANNY O'B said:
I always remember that goal on the opening day of the season against blackburn, really believed then that he was going to go far. Shame he had an attitude that soon stopped that.

I don't the the lads attitude was on purpose though.

I think he's just eccentric. You can imagine him in a few years time walking about in tweeds with a cane, and calling himself "Lord Ireland". His City career plummeted after he did a bunk home from the team hotel at an away game, that wouldn't have been out of place in the film "The Great Escape".

A crying shame and I wish the lad well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.