Stepthen ireland

In my opinion Ireland was a talented player who (in other people's opinions - those who mattered) didn't quite have what it took mentally to sustain himself at the highest levels in football; which I guess has been well and truly played out.

Has Johnson started playing again or has he retired?

Hopefully Ireland can come good again at a slightly higher level. Talented feet,
Messed up head!

The Fat el Hombre said:
BatBlue said:
1. You won't bring up incidents because you can't

Richards' form dipped and his attitude seemed to go to pot. The one instance in particular that springs to my mind was in a Europa away game when he had an argument with vinnie and went up and shoulder barged him. Luckily Vinnie was concentrating on defending the free kick at the time and didn't react, but it was a complete joke of a thing to do.

Thankfully, Micah seems to have his head screwed on now

Yup. He also made a very dodgy video in his youth which the sunday papers got a hold of. Like you said, thankfully he grew up.

Thaksinssoldier said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
BatBlue said:

Richards' form dipped and his attitude seemed to go to pot. The one instance in particular that springs to my mind was in a Europa away game when he had an argument with vinnie and went up and shoulder barged him. Luckily Vinnie was concentrating on defending the free kick at the time and didn't react, but it was a complete joke of a thing to do.

Yup. He also made a very dodgy video in his youth which the sunday papers got a hold of. Like you said, thankfully he grew up.

I don't remember this incident with vinnie at all, I remember Balotelli having an argument with him but not Richards. Would you be so kind as to tell me which game this was in, or if someone else has the info that would be fine.

Even still I would'nt call having a tiff on the pitch (if it happened) and shagging a bird in a video with his mate going completely off the rails.

Thaksinssoldier said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
BatBlue said:

on the subject of favourite fullbacks who broke club rules, does anyone know what exactly Bobby Mac (of McDonald, previously of Coventry - and if you're a supporter & reading this I hope things start to get better soon) did to have City sell him?

BatBlue said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

I don't remember this incident with vinnie at all, I remember Balotelli having an argument with him but not Richards. Would you be so kind as to tell me which game this was in, or if someone else has the info that would be fine.

Even still I would'nt call having a tiff on the pitch (if it happened) and shagging a bird in a video with his mate going completely off the rails.

It was in a Europa away game. I think we lost, possibly 3-1. I think it might have been a german team but I don't think it was schalke and it definitely wasn't hamburg. Not sure if Micah went 'completely off the rails' but his form certainly nose-dived alarmingly and his attitude was poor to say the least. I think it's fair to say he wasn't focussed on his football, unlike the last few seasons. I've always been a fan of Micah and stuck up for him btw

Most overrated player ever to wear a City shirt and as for all that superman bollocks. What a load of bullshit that turned out to be. Doncaster is too good a level for him given his performances over the last 3 years. He always though he was too good for his country as well. The £8m we got for him is on a par with the £12m we got for Johnson in the best bit of business City have done selling wise.

01282 said:
Most overrated player ever to wear a City shirt and as for all that superman bollocks. What a load of bullshit that turned out to be. Doncaster is too good a level for him given his performances over the last 3 years. He always though he was too good for his country as well. The £8m we got for him is on a par with the £12m we got for Johnson in the best bit of business City have done selling wise.

is this a wum?

08/09 he was brimming with confidence, one of the bigger players at the club. Then the bigger names started to come in, the likes of Tevez and Adebayor, and he didn't play as much. His ego took a huge hit and mentally he was never able to recover after Mancini f***** him off. Ireland was the silver lining in a poor season and I think that made people view him to be much better than he was. He was the best of what was still a fairly average team at the time, hence why he got so much recognition. Best way to compare it is with Charlie Adam when he was at Blackpool. Thrived on being the best and the standout player, then moves to Liverpool where he isn't the big player anymore and he can't deal with it and never recovered since. Shame for Ireland though, hope he starts to pick some for back up again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.