Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

So the reports are they wanted to wait until after the World Cup for a better deal. Every bluemooner has said how great he was and England’s biggest threat apparently so surely we’d offer the world....

Do you just come on here to spread negativity? I ain't stumbled across one positive post from you.

As for black and white, can you elaborate?

Grow a set of balls and tell them to do one. Some of our fans are so easily led onto the media bandwagon. If u can’t see what he did for us last season u are watching the wrong sport.

Mate,I'm forty fuckin seven,they were not winding me up,I'd have erupted if they had slated City,but they can't after what happened last season,it was what they said about Sterling,and they were right,that's why I didn't need to grow a pair,and fuck them off,they were right he was shit

So cut to the chase then,right now,is he worth 250k a week being reported what he wants ?

I've already posted several times in this thread what I think.

He's not worth that money yet, but if he has another 25+ goal season then he will be, because you can count on one hand the number of wingers who deliver that regularly.

So City won't want to offer him the big contract yet, as he hasn't earned it, and Sterling will want to delay as long as possible to try and earn that top tier pay check before he re-signs.

Sterling's just at an awkward part of his career to negotiate a contract. If he follows up next season with another 25-30 goal season, he'll be one of the very best wingers in the world, and be worth a mega salary to be tied down at our club for the next 5+ years.

But he's not there yet, so the club won't offer him that big a contract, and can't offer it early with Sané and Jesus hovering around in not dissimilar situations.

I would be amazed if the club are worked up about this, they'll understand what's up, and Sterling doesn't want to leave, unlike Milner.
He could renegotiate it. KDB renewed and he still had 3,5 years left for example.

He’s 23. He can renegotiate in two years time if he pushes on, like all our top players do.

That 2 year delay could cost him £5m. IMO He's just trying to maximise his earning potential by reaching the highest level he can before negotiating a new deal, it's not bad news for the club or us fans, because if he scores 20 goals by December trying to earn a mega contract, we'll be laughing.

I've already posted several times in this thread what I think.

He's not worth that money yet, but if he has another 25+ goal season then he will be, because you can count on one hand the number of wingers who deliver that regularly.

So City won't want to offer him the big contract yet, as he hasn't earned it, and Sterling will want to delay as long as possible to try and earn that top tier pay check before he re-signs.

So as agents pull the strings with all players,he will advise him to leave then,if he doesn't get a rise ?

So as agents pull the strings with all players,he will advise him to leave then,if he doesn't get a rise ?

If he's playing well enough for other clubs to make offers bigger than City then he deserves the raise, and he'll get it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.