Raheem Sterling | City's 11th top goalscorer of all time

MCFC1993

The goal yesterday took him to 99 goals for City meaning it's very likely he'll be the next player to join the 100 club, hopefully next week against Madrid..

He's 25 years old and has a contract until 2023, which I hope we will renew within the next year, assuming he wants to.

So where will be finish in our list of all time scorers? (List below) For me the way his goalscoring has come on, not unrealistic to think he's going to hit 200 for us, which will put him 2nd. I think challenging Kun might be a stretch though.

Correct as of 08/08/20:

1. Sergio Aguero - 254
2. Eric Brook - 177
3. Tommy Johnson - 166
4. Colin Bell - 153
4. Joe Hayes - 153
6. Billy Meridith - 151
7. Francis Lee - 148
8. Tommy Browell - 139
9. Billy Gillespie - 132
9. Fred Wilson - 132
11. Alec Herd - 126
12. Horace Barnes - 125
13. Frank Roberts - 124
14. Dennis Tueart - 109
15. Neil Young - 108
16. Shaun Goater - 103
17. Raheem Sterling - 100
18. David White - 95
19. Irvine Thornley - 93
20. Yaya Toure - 81
21. Bobby Marshall - 80
21. George Smith - 80
21. Peter Doherty - 80
24. Colin Barlow - 79
24. Roy Clarke - 79
26. David Silva - 77
26. Niall Quinn - 77
28. Ernie Toseland - 75
29. Carlos Tevez - 74
29. Lot Jones - 74

33. Gabriel Jesus - 68
40. Kevin De Bruyne - 56
79. Bernardo Silva - 30
93. Riyad Mahrez - 25
98. Fernandinho - 23
145. Phil Foden - 15

[source: www.statcity.co.uk]

Added a few more for those interested.

Last edited:
Sterling, Jesus and....Foden can join Aguero in the 200 club if they stay long enough. I trust Foden to score 15-20 goals a season once he matures.

Regarding Sterling, he has it in him to have 40 goal seasons, so he and Jesus will definitely score 200+ goals if they stay another 5-6 seasons at City.

He's got it in him to take Sergio but, outside of the obvious one of him staying, it'll depend on injuries and who takes over as manager after Pep. I know the club has adopted a possession and attacking game from top to bottom but trends change in football and who knows, we could move into an era that's more defensively minded.

I don't really see him leaving City but wouldn't be hugely surprised to see him move at the end of next season. If he wants to play abroad it'll be his time and with two years left on his contract we'd need to sell.

I can't see Sterling staying at City more than 2-3 seasons. If we win the CL this season and the league next he might look to leave. I think he'll have the ambition to try and play in La Liga for Real Madrid or Barcelona. I might be wrong but can't see him reaching 200 goals for us before he leaves.

Where will he finish?, more like When will he finish?

In between moments and goals of incredible quality we still get finishing on a par with my missus that just cannot be sensibly explained. Couple that with a reluctance to shoot first time and the desire to dribble or take a touch means that for me he's a nearly man and certainly not Messi.

I'm glad we've got him and perhaps judging him as a striker rather than as a winger is a little unfair but nonetheless for the chances that fall to him he should do better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.