Sterling is 'BETTER' than Silva and Hazard - Michael Owen

Sunglasses_shock.gif

levets said:
jimharri said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Owen doesn't actually say the words "Sterling is better than Silva and Hazard" so I think the thread title is a little unfair:

He's just saying that he rates Sterling quite highly and is presumably excited about the progress he's making. Saying he prefers Sterling to Hazard & Silva doesn't mean he thinks Sterling is better than them. For example, I'd say Thiago Silva is a better centre-half than Kompany, but would I have Thiago Silva ahead of Kompany in my team? No. I wouldn't.

I'm not sure why Owen can't include Sterling, Hazard and Silva in same team because, for me at least, they've certainly been the most impressive attacking midfielders this season. But Liverpool are two wins away from winning the title, so perhaps it was that factor which gave Sterling the edge in Owen's team. At least, I think that's his reasoning for it anyway. He's probably friends with Sterling as well.

I'm really not sure why people are getting so upset over this. One person, who we all know has zero thought going into his comments about most things in football, says he prefers one player to another. That is all that has happened. It wasn't even on a website that gets the amount of traffic the likes of Sky and the BBC get, so there's not much to worry about in that regard either.
It seems the OP has led us up the garden path. Mods, do your duty.

You can do one as well you loon.... :-)
kiss.gif

As I said in the Yaya Toure thread, being English makes you rated higher than any other nationality whether you are white or black. Most countries tend to overrate their own players, but we have the most powerful football media in the world and what we say has a huge influence around the world.

Sterling has had a fantastic season and more than Suarez, Sturridge and Gerrard, he has driven Liverpool on in the last few months, but he is no Silva or Hazard.

supercrystal7 said:
As I said in the Yaya Toure thread, being English makes you rated higher than any other nationality whether you are white or black. Most countries tend to overrate their own players, but we have the most powerful football media in the world and what we say has a huge influence around the world.

Sterling has had a fantastic season and more than Suarez, Sturridge and Gerrard, he has driven Liverpool on in the last few months, but he is no Silva or Hazard.

I agree he isnt near them at the moment but at his current progress rate he wont be far off eventually

levets said:
http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/04/24/hes-better-than-eden-hazard-and-david-silva-england-must-start-him-michael-owen-on-raheem-sterling/137480/?
If it was anyone else I'd be gobsmacked but that fool? Growing to expect it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.