Sterling racially abused by Chelsea fan?

On this very forum, a simple search shows there are 500+ references to the term "Dippers", a term used to degradate community "in jest" by referring to them as a group who scrounge round in dust bins for food.

Racism? - Yes

and if your immediate reaction is "but they're c*nts" or "it's only a nickname" or " it's just banter" you're part of the problem

You are Phil Thompson and I claim my £5

On this very forum, a simple search shows there are 500+ references to the term "Dippers", a term used to degradate community "in jest" by referring to them as a group who scrounge round in dust bins for food.

Racism? - Yes

and if your immediate reaction is "but they're c*nts" or "it's only a nickname" or " it's just banter" you're part of the problem

Dippers Dippers Bin Dipping Bastards now if you think that’s racist so be it

Dippers candlelighters shell suit giro spending scouse drug taking fuckers
All derogatory terms, no doubt, but are they Racist? You missed out grief monkeys by the way.

I'm not sure of the rights and wrongs of the name calling, but I would liken a fan forum to a gang of mates in a pub using all kinds of unsavoury language as a matter of course.
You are then introduced to someone new or one of the lads wives. You don't use the same language.
Similarly, I have engaged in conversations with both Liverpool and Arsenal fans in here as far as I can remember, and I would not call them anything that I would consider might offend them, unless they became abusive first. You treat people respectfully and hope they reciprocate.

There is a world of difference between talk on a forum and incendiary lies being spouted to a public audience in the guise of news.
The media should have a moral obligation of responsibility, given the access they have to a world wide audience. Their are libel laws, but they skirt very close to them quite wilfully.
There is also a world of difference in terrace language, which by it's nature is coarse, and personal vindictive abuse levelled at a player which has nothing to do with football.
It happens and we're probably all guilty, but it's not right.
I get wrapped up in a game and can issue as many expletives as the next guy, but I can hand on heart say that I don't tend to get personal no matter how wound up I get.
I follow the game and tell the ref he hasn't a clue, the opposition player may be a dirty barsteward etc., but nothing like what Raheem and other black players have to put up with on a regular basis.

Racism? - Yes

Its a derogatory term,its meant to be,as we dont like the cvnts.....Racist? what the fuck are you waffling on about?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.