Sterling racially abused by Chelsea fan?

He went to him for a one on one, whats he supposed to do then? He didn't ask him to tell the world what was happening, he asked him for his advice.

Neville has the platform and credibility to air his opinions, he could of highlighted this generically without naming Raheem Sterling or breaking confidentiality. He chose to do nothing for 2 years. He admitted he was wrong himself. Ask yourself if it had been United player say Marcus Rashford or Jesse Linguard would he have waited for them to be racially abused and tweet their frustration of different treatment by the UK mainstrean press.

And asking for advice is asking for help, why would Raheem seek out a white ex footballer with a high profile job in the media in the first place

Neville has the platform and credibility to air his opinions, he could of highlighted this generically without naming Raheem Sterling or breaking confidentiality. He chose to do nothing for 2 years. He admitted he was wrong himself. Ask yourself if it had been United player say Marcus Rashford or Jesse Linguard would he have waited for them to be racially abused and tweet their frustration of different treatment by the UK mainstrean press.

And asking for advice is asking for help, why would Raheem seek out a white ex footballer with a high profile job in the media in the first place
Neville had a duty of care to his player. I know he said he didn't know what to do and admitted he told Sterling he "was a great player" etc... but he should have asked for advice and spoken to someone who could help.

Watched the video a few times, try as i might i just don't see the word Manc come out of his mouth, he is definitely say 'black' in my opinion. Either way he is an embarrassment. Just hasn't grown up. Quite a few on here of similar age would have shouted similar( i did in my early teens, to my shame, but it was part of the world i lived in then, Alf Garnet, Love Thy Neighbour etc - what was wrong ?), some may still think that way. I think Neville was right to take the opportunity to say something when he was asked to comment but i think he could have said something at the time about it being wrong to keep picking out Sterling for criticism, when other players performed similarly or worse. Similarly Carragher has defended Sterling in term of his character and dedication. Again a good thing but Liverpool FC need to be more aware of what happens when they single out players, opposition clubs etc for their special treatment. In this case the offence taken for Sterling leaving their club, has been picked up by the media and other fan bases and has fuelled racist tendencies in others. I hope that the media learn from this, the spotlight may be taken off Raheem but i suspect it will surface somewhere else. Colin Wing has been outed and rightfully suffered punishment but I have no wish to see him publicly hung drawn and quartered by another media witch hunt. Our club has rocked the football establishment and continues to do so, our current success and status has created new enemies amongst previous neutrals. It would be good if they take up this particular issue and speak out against racism much more than they have in the past. I recognise they do great community work already but the timing is right to step forward, who is going to knock us for it? A cynic may argue that it's a PR stunt to gain favour but who gives a shit

Bit over sensitive with the car in my opinion. Darren Lewis was on explaining this yesterday, about how whilst there is blatant racism within the game, you have to be careful not to link everything to it. He used cars as an example. And to be honest, is a Mercedes 4x4 bling, exactly? Pretty average car relatively speaking as far as footballers are concerned.

Is it racist when sky sports news used to say about Harry Redknapp and the window down on his Range Rover on any given deadline day? No.

Why mention the colour? Would they if it was say silver ?
If it was silver it would become gun metal grey

Nobody would have listened to Neville or done anything about it. Why would they? Everybody that give a shit already knew what was happening. Even now the shit has hit the fan the culprits are all pointing fingers everywhere else.
I dislike ratboy as much as any other blue but blaming him is just muddying the water, which is what the real culprits are doing by blaming everything on racism.
I know who the real culprits, if you're not sure I will give you a clue. They are a town full of murderers who built their city on slavery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.