Steve Coppell

Kazzydeyna

Sorry if this has been covered multiple times but I can't find it if so.bit did we ever find out the real reason Coppell got off after only 30 odd days in charge.

I've heard all the rumours about Trevor Morley etc but was this the real reason? I remember at the time being really curious but then I just put it to the back of my mind but just seen his resignation press conference on premier League years and it reminded me.

Sorry if this has been covered multiple times but I can't find it if so.bit did we ever find out the real reason Coppell got off after only 30 odd days in charge.

I've heard all the rumours about Trevor Morley etc but was this the real reason? I remember at the time being really curious but then I just put it to the back of my mind but just seen his resignation press conference on premier League years and it reminded me.
What’s the Trevor Morley rumour?

Does Ian Bishop know?

What’s the Trevor Morley rumour?

Does Ian Bishop know?

It's like everything else, rumours on top of rumours. Basically he was "very close" to old Trevor.

It can't have been anything too closely linked to his health cos within a few months he was back managing again.

Reading between the lines of what's been written subsequently it seems pretty clear that his marriage was failing and he was suffering quite badly from stress and anxiety. The state the club was in at the time probably didn't help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.