Steve MacKenzie

Lovely bloke. Surreal moment sat in a press box with him and Kevin Reeves.

They used to do a bit for the Press Association.

Apparently I made them feel old when I told them I was seven when I recalled '81.

Speedy recovery wished.

Ricky Villas goal was just a run of the mill type that was scored up and down the country every weekend and still happening every weekend. The fact it was in an FA cup final scored by spuds in London the BBC of Shepeards Bush & national press of Fleet St made it more than it merited. If the spuds had lost that goal would never be mentioned. Steve Mackenzie's goal was timing technique and execution a thing of beauty and still the best goal ever scored at an FA cup final bar none.
Good luck Steve keep fighting.

Ricky Villas goal was just a run of the mill type that was scored up and down the country every weekend and still happening every weekend. The fact it was in an FA cup final scored by spuds in London the BBC of Shepeards Bush & national press of Fleet St made it more than it merited. If the spuds had lost that goal would never be mentioned. Steve Mackenzie's goal was timing technique and execution a thing of beauty and still the best goal ever scored at an FA cup final bar none.
Good luck Steve keep fighting.

Totally agree I have no idea why that goal is so lauded! He just goes on a run,it is just a bit lucky, some half hearted tackles, luck of the bounce and in it goes. All the hype and that shit ''Ossie's going to Wembley'' song, the might Spurs, Hoddle and the Argies the media lapped it up [ As fucking usual!]

Steve's is a much better goal and that cushion header to set it up too, beautiful goal.

Totally agree I have no idea why that goal is so lauded! He just goes on a run,it is just a bit lucky, some half hearted tackles, luck of the bounce and in it goes. All the hype and that shit ''Ossie's going to Wembley'' song, the might Spurs, Hoddle and the Argies the media lapped it up [ As fucking usual!]

Steve's is a much better goal and that cushion header to set it up too, beautiful goal.
Oh and all that shift about winning when the year has a one in it, FFS every year in the twentieth century had a f###ing one in it.

One of my favourite players and is a good lad as well. Took a few of us for a kick about on platt Lane fields then to McDonald's in town. Get well soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.