Steve Wright and serious jockin on radio 2

I started a new job recently and have to listen to Radio 2 all day. My previous job had XS Manchester or Radio 6 on.

Jesus wept, Steve Wright is utter dog shit. Baba O'Riley came on, one of the best records ever made. Halfway through the tune when the violins starts he turns down the volume and starts blarting on about wallpaper paste or some other inane subject. He has absolutely no emotional connection with music, you'd think after 40 years he'd know how to DJ. When he isn't talking shite he's reading requests from people telling him how great he is.

Apparently he is on 500K a year!

Hang the DJ.

The Trevor Nelson show at 10pm is brilliant. The rest I can't say anything really stands out that I've come across.

You can appreciate how infuriating Steve Wright must be when it drives someone to resurrect a four-year old thread just to express their ire. Something wonderfully Bluemoonish about that.

Does he still do Mr Angry and Sid the Manager?
Fumin' mate. No Mr Angry or Sid the manager although I try to tune him out when he's on.

Almost 60 now, I remember the halcyon days of transferring from Radio 1 to Radio 2 and the delights of Ray Moore, T Wogan, Jimmy Young, David Jacobs etc, playing a mix of old standards, Sinatra, current hits with presenters who could engage with their listeners and build a rapport. In those days, if they started a radio conversation with their audience it would take 48 hours to get a response by mail (such as Wogan and Dallas) but the shows were entertaining, intersting and worth listening to.

Unfortunately, most radio stations use 'celebrities' to present shows. Zoe Ball tbh absolutely awful, Vine as Ken Bruce once said to Wogan 'broadcasting for the narrowminded' Steve Wright - if he was a horse he would have been shot by now, think then its Jo Whiney , awful just awful. All they do is say how wonderful each song is and each person is a fucking legend - and they are all mouth breathers!!

And then we have fucking talksport......

Do like Blackburn, Craig Charles, Huey Morgan, must be an age thing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.