Steve Wright and serious jockin on radio 2

Ken Bruce is the only thing worth listening to on R2, now, and even then, I turn off after Popmaster.

The rest of it is dogshite. The same records played on each show, and half of them are already on R1. The so called DJs go on holiday, so they get a "celeb" as a stand in.

No. It's a USB stick for me, now.

He was one of the reasons that we switched to Virgin.. the playlist is a bit repetitive but at least we don’t have to listen to Wright and Ken fucking Bruce
They play audio of Ken fucking Bruce on BBC Radio 2?

I started a new job recently and have to listen to Radio 2 all day. My previous job had XS Manchester or Radio 6 on.

Jesus wept, Steve Wright is utter dog shit. Baba O'Riley came on, one of the best records ever made. Halfway through the tune when the violins starts he turns down the volume and starts blarting on about wallpaper paste or some other inane subject. He has absolutely no emotional connection with music, you'd think after 40 years he'd know how to DJ. When he isn't talking shite he's reading requests from people telling him how great he is.

Apparently he is on 500K a year!

Hang the DJ.
I was in Pembrokeshire the other week and the only music station I could get on my car radio was radio 2
As you say he talks inanely over intros and guitar solos
h
He’s totally useless and as you ask, how has he carved a very well paid career out of it!

I started a new job recently and have to listen to Radio 2 all day. My previous job had XS Manchester or Radio 6 on.

Jesus wept, Steve Wright is utter dog shit. Baba O'Riley came on, one of the best records ever made. Halfway through the tune when the violins starts he turns down the volume and starts blarting on about wallpaper paste or some other inane subject. He has absolutely no emotional connection with music, you'd think after 40 years he'd know how to DJ. When he isn't talking shite he's reading requests from people telling him how great he is.

Apparently he is on 500K a year!

Hang the DJ.
He still DJs like it's the 80s and he's trying to stop kids at home from recording the top 40.

Last edited:
I switched to BBC Wales at work, the van and the cars about 3 months ago. Sick of the childish warblings of that teenage woman Zoe Ball, Ken Bruce trying to be a DJ, the necrophile that is Jeremy Vine, Dermot O'Dreary, Him with the plastic head on saturdays, Claudio ' let's talk about tonights strictly come dancing ' Winkleman. Steve Wright's Ok but I still dont understand the point of that serious joking shite.

Radio 2 is just awful, Steve Wright is the worst..
Steve Wright out I say
I work on a building site and it’s so hard to please everyone. We’ve tried pretty much all of them . So many of the other stations just play the same songs over and over . If I had my choice it would be BBC 6 but not a chance the lads would entertain that station .

They play some shite on there as well, self indulgent at times and older DJ’s trying to be “down” with the kids.
Trying far too hard and self consciously to be cool. The likes of Lamacq playing pure indie shite back in the day on Radio 1, now suggesting he loved The Prodigy and all the rave scene of 91/92. Laughable stuff really.
If you’re an ageing indie music lover, 6 Music is great. But if you loved house/rave music or heavy rock, my two favourite genres they it’s best to completely avoid it, the odd Mary Ann Hobbs mix aside.

As for Steve Wright, I always enjoyed him cos he’d play the AOR soft rock of the 80s that I loved too. Reo Speedwagon, Journey, Pat Benatar, Toto, and the rest, all the classics, he was the only one would play them, on Radio 1 or 2. His chat was ok too. I never minded he talked over some of the tracks, I knew them all by heart anyway, so it was just nice to hear them played.

His serious jockin, although I don’t think Sasha or Oakenfold have got much to worry about, is decent for a Friday dance finale too - by Radio 2 standards. Miles better than what follows it on ‘all request let’s play bohemian rhapsody once again’ Friday team time show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.