Stick or Twist at Bayern

Blue Til Death said:
Train said:
Blue Til Death said:
We should play a full strength team at Bayern IMHO or we could get a real thrashing if we play like we did at our place. Bayern are no mugs and they will want the win, they wont play an under strength team for this game.

I could care less. Like Wrighty Wrexham has said, it would be more devastating having players pick up injuries in a game that lets be honest will be difficult to win 1-0 let alone 3-0 at the Allianz.

That's your opinion mate and I can see where you are coming from, its not how I role though, we are capable of beating any team on the planet when we fire.. Im sure Pell will play it your way though.
With are best team we could beat them, is it worth the risk I don't think so.

I'd really rather not get humiliated. Yaya being suspended probably isn't the end of the world as he really doesn't suit this sort of midfield battle anyway, he doesn't have the energy or attitude to really be chasing shadows for any amount of time(as shown in most of our CL games). As long as we actually play a 3 man midfield and a defence who don't constantly give the ball away in dangerous areas, then we shoud be able to at least put in a good enough effort, without playing a full strength 11

Blue Til Death said:
We should play a full strength team at Bayern IMHO or we could get a real thrashing if we play like we did at our place. Bayern are no mugs and they will want the win, they wont play an under strength team for this game.

They did at our place a few seasons ago when we beat them in what was really a dead rubber..

Bayern does not have a difficult schedule ahead of them for the last weeks prior to Xmas - teams from the second half of the table in the Bundesliga, a cup match against Augsburg, your lot and then the highlight of the Club World Cup at the end of it.

November 30th Bundesliga Eintracht Braunschweig home
December 4th German Cup Augsburg away
December 7th Bundesliga Werder Bremen away
December 10th CL Manchester City home
December 14th Bundesliga Hamburg home

And Bayern will not feature a second string team. They have 8 injured players right now and will take whom they can. Right now the hunt for records even if it is not directly titles somehow keeps them a little more motivated.

They are on 10 consecutive wins with 28:3 goals (only the goal from Negredo was not a penalty). Eleven would be fine or even more.

BufordUSABlue said:
Blue Til Death said:

They did at our place a few seasons ago when we beat them in what was really a dead rubber..

This isn't a dead rubber though if we can beat them 3-0, they are a great side but we can beat them at their place, its a long shot I know but at this level its possible.

I'd imagine the players would want to make a statement after the debacle at home.

lancs blue said:
We must rest all our key players for this match, for me the Leicester league cup tie is more important, let alone the Prem matches against Southampton and Arsenal either side of it (and yes I am going over to Germany).
I have to agree that Leicester match is more important than this .

Very likely that Bayern will play a weakened team as they have also qualified. Let's put a strong team out, high tempo, early goal, who knows we might just do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.