Stick or Twist at Bayern

I reckon pelle and pep will have a chat before the game an play out a friendly. I mean we are not going to swing an 8 goal difference at Bayerns gaff. Both have qualified and have important league games. So no yellows or nowt I reckon

cibaman said:
kenzie115 said:
Whilst I hope we rest some players playing a true reserve side and or kids and getting hammered 7-0 won't do us any good even if it is an effectively meaningless game..

It might do us good if, along with the performance against Plzen, it demonstrates to the hierarchy that our squad isn't as strong as some have made out.

I think Pellegrini is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't on this. If he plays a strong team he'll be accused of running scared of Barca & Real Madrid in the next round.

Training on Thursday/Friday wouldn't me much fun if we'd just been hammered 7-0 no matter who'd played and that negativity could continue through to the Arsenal game.

Momentum's important and whilst losing the game wouldn't be a major blow, getting bummed would be.

I'd play the first teamers who we know have the energy to feature in both games like Fernandinho and mix in some of the "steelier" reserves like Milner and Lescott and use it as a trial game to see how we'd cope if we needed a 0-0 draw with a depleted squad.

kenzie115 said:
cibaman said:
kenzie115 said:
Whilst I hope we rest some players playing a true reserve side and or kids and getting hammered 7-0 won't do us any good even if it is an effectively meaningless game..

It might do us good if, along with the performance against Plzen, it demonstrates to the hierarchy that our squad isn't as strong as some have made out.

I think Pellegrini is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't on this. If he plays a strong team he'll be accused of running scared of Barca & Real Madrid in the next round.

Training on Thursday/Friday wouldn't me much fun if we'd just been hammered 7-0 no matter who'd played and that negativity could continue through to the Arsenal game.

Momentum's important and whilst losing the game wouldn't be a major blow, getting bummed would be.

I'd play the first teamers who we know have the energy to feature in both games like Fernandinho and mix in some of the "steelier" reserves like Milner and Lescott and use it as a trial game to see how we'd cope if we needed a 0-0 draw with a depleted squad.

Lescott+High defensive line+Bayern = Bummed in to oblivion

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I reckon pelle and pep will have a chat before the game an play out a friendly. I mean we are not going to swing an 8 goal difference at Bayerns gaff. Both have qualified and have important league games. So no yellows or nowt I reckon

We don't need to swing an 8 goal difference, just beat them 3-0. So, piece of piss really!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
kenzie115 said:
cibaman said:

I'd be playing the deepest defensive line you've ever seen, I'm talking our midfield on the edge of our box deep.

kenzie115 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
kenzie115 said:

I'd be playing the deepest defensive line you've ever seen, I'm talking our midfield on the edge of our box deep.

Im not sure Pelle knows how to do that

Well I for one am pretty happy we went for it. Great few days in Munich with hospitable hosts. Now it will be like York away with 30k Blues in years to come all saying "I was there" !!

karen7 said:
We are not going to beat them at their place so i want all our best players fit for the premier league

Oh Karen...This is not the bad old days, we can beat anyone anywhere now!!<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:34 am --<br /><br />
Blue Til Death said:
BufordUSABlue said:
Blue Til Death said:
We should play a full strength team at Bayern IMHO or we could get a real thrashing if we play like we did at our place. Bayern are no mugs and they will want the win, they wont play an under strength team for this game.

They did at our place a few seasons ago when we beat them in what was really a dead rubber..

This isn't a dead rubber though if we can beat them 3-0, they are a great side but we can beat them at their place, its a long shot I know but at this level its possible.

And indeed it was...Too much of the losing mentality on here sometimes!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.