Stick or Twist at Bayern

Whilst I hope we rest some players playing a true reserve side and or kids and getting hammered 7-0 won't do us any good even if it is an effectively meaningless game. I'd play 4-5-1 with Fernandinho, Milner and Garcia in the middle, Navas and one of Silva/Nasri wide and start with Dzeko up front but give Negredo half an hour. Try to stifle them, really get in their faces and maybe nick it 1-0 or hold them to a draw, worst case lose by a couple of goals.

Lahm out the next two matches, and we are playing them in 3 matches (3 days after their second match), if he's out i would go for it. As their list of injuries will make it possible for us, if we stick with our best 11.

play our weakest team possible , more important games than trying to beat fc hollywood , save them for the final.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Hart

richards
kolarov
boyata
iesscott

navas
garcia
rodwell
Nasri
milner

negredo

play on the counter and see what happens
See what happens? Nothing at all with that midfield.

It's the right approach though.

We should go out for a win.
It would help get us redeem the battering we got at home. Pellegrini could try a different approach to build a momentum and make a statement.

The whole dropping the players etc and saving them for Arsenal doesn't sound right because now we are a different club now and with amount of money spent and our squad should enable us to have a squad able to play at the bayern game and at Arsenal. If we have a chance to top the group why not go for it. I rather we tried and failed than to go down not trying at all.

Team:

No Dzeko please after the terrible perfomance at home!

1 upfront but the question is who: probably Aguero but would be great to see how the beast would cope?

Nasri, silva (should be back ) and navas

Dinho in the Yaya role not defensive with Demecilus ( heard he played in midfield) partnering him as holding.

Garcia infront of back four

Clichy nasty Kompany ( should be back) zab

Even getting a draw would be good result.

Believe it we can get something! Arsenal will be tired and with Yaya rested should bode well for us!

kenzie115 said:
Whilst I hope we rest some players playing a true reserve side and or kids and getting hammered 7-0 won't do us any good even if it is an effectively meaningless game..

It might do us good if, along with the performance against Plzen, it demonstrates to the hierarchy that our squad isn't as strong as some have made out.

I think Pellegrini is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't on this. If he plays a strong team he'll be accused of running scared of Barca & Real Madrid in the next round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.