Stockport Council regrading

don't know yet still waiting on manchester
what happened ?

%age winners?
%age losers?

what grades are most affected

seems that middle ranking management jobs are the worst hit in Bury and Tafford

Depends who you believe...50% unchanged, 41% up, 9% down according to Unison.

However that is individuals instant hit, not scale changes. My job has gone from Grade 5/6 to just Grade 5 so we have a new, lower ceiling.

No pay change for me or most of my colleagues. Colleagues in post 5+ years get a cut up to £2500. But as there are fewer of them the stats look nice.

Clever thing is they are putting a cap on future salaries and pension committments by cutting off the upper scale from people like me.

Ouch!

Shouldn't all affected appeal individually
process could delay implementation !

hoping I'm a winner as a grade 3 doing grade 4 work (IMO)!

Does Stockport have a council then?

tin_hat_2_mid.jpg

Good.

Over 800,000 new posts created since this government came to power contributing not one bloody iota back into the economy.

When are they going to start cutting these no-marks' jobs now we're hitting the bad old times and while all about them are having to make people redundant?

I'm especially glad if it's hitting their cushy pensions. Sooner rather than later as far as I'm concerned.

Bury have recently done it Bolton are going through it...

A few points that immediately spring to mind....

Strange that the leaders pay isnt being THAT effected.

Strange that someone has decided in there wisdom that council gardeners deserve to be payed more than people who for instance work out and collect Business rates (sign of the times?.. Nurses and soldiers poorly payed, tube drivers, firemen...a kings ransom!!!)

Strange that the unions arnt kicking off about this, protecting themselves I fancy..(what unions..self serving!!!...surely not!!!!!!)

BTW

When I worked for Stockport Council (some of the biggest wastes of time I can recall meeting)

They told my colleges that they had to leave there job on a good rate of pay and re-apply on a poor rate of pay...THE UNIONS BACKED IT, IT WAS DONE AGAINST REGULATIONS AND DIDNT FOLLOW LEGAL PROCEDER AND THE PAY OFF WAS TAXED.. MY COLLEGES HARDLY RECIEVED A THING AFTER UPTO 20 YEARS DOING THE JOB IN SOME CASES!!!.
THAT WAS THREE YEARS AGO

Stockport council I'm afraid have previous!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.