Stoke and.....Stoke...

Away will be very very tough. They have the pitch to suit their style and the team fully capable of playing in that way.

Saturday, the only risk is that we underestimate them.

On Tuesday, we need to dictate the game. I think a draw away with them might not be end of the world, it is a tough place to go to. If we can keep calm and play our passing game patiently, we can get the 3 points.

playing teams twice in a short space of time always worries me as they get to figure out how you work.
i expected more from stoke when we played them last,they just rolled over and never looked like the threat you would generally expect from them.hope its the same sat although at home the crowd really fire them up.if we win both these games i will be very impressed about how far we have come in such a short period of time.

Hyperthetically IF we can only win one of these fixtures, which one would you pick.

1. FA Cup tie....hence thru to the Quarters

or

2. 3 points at Stoke next week.

Me....3 points.

blue roo said:
Hyperthetically IF we can only win one of these fixtures, which one would you pick.

or

Me....3 points.

the 3 points

I'd start ade Saturday and play if fit santa cruz in the league. With johnson being able to put a decent cross in I think santa cruz is the man you want in the box.

lee-mcfc said:
blue roo said:

or

Me....3 points.

the 3 points

I think that you are missing the point - I do not thinnk that it is a case of "Either or".

If we beat them on Saturday and beat them well, we have a very good chance of beating them next weeek, even if it is an away game.

The FA Cup is their only hope of any succes this year, other than avoiding relegation, if you can call that success.

As we have recently experienced, it can be very diffcult for a team to pick up thier morale and game after a Cup defeat that is important to the team.

As the season draws to a close, I believe that the mid table teams are the easiest to beat - nothing much to play for - no motivation.
The top teams are going for the Prem title and CL places, and the bottom teams are fighting for their survival to avoid relegation.

My prediction is a win for us on Saturday and a draw next week.

The game away at Stoke last year was one of the worst for us - they put 10 men behind the ball, and gave it to us to come at them.
They scored against the run of play and possession from their one decent scoring opportunity.

J-Bay Blue said:
lee-mcfc said:
the 3 points

I think that you are missing the point - I do not thinnk that it is a case of "Either or".

If we beat them on Saturday and beat them well, we have a very good chance of beating them next weeek, even if it is an away game.

The FA Cup is their only hope of any succes this year, other than avoiding relegation, if you can call that success.

As we have recently experienced, it can be very diffcult for a team to pick up thier morale and game after a Cup defeat that is important to the team.

As the season draws to a close, I believe that the mid table teams are the easiest to beat - nothing much to play for - no motivation.
The top teams are going for the Prem title and CL places, and the bottom teams are fighting for their survival to avoid relegation.

My prediction is a win for us on Saturday and a draw next week.

The game away at Stoke last year was one of the worst for us - they put 10 men behind the ball, and gave it to us to come at them.
They scored against the run of play and possession from their one decent scoring opportunity.
he asked pick one so i did..

I would pick the FA Cup over 3 points. Lose 3 points so one game in hand rather than 2. A chance of lifting a cup for my first time. I am 36!
I had fun in Hamburg I can wait a year for Barcelona lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.