Stoke and.....Stoke...

Theres not been an away win in the Premiership this Feburary, next Tue will be very tough.

Win in cup and draw in league

chedinho said:
playing teams twice in a short space of time always worries me as they get to figure out how you work.
i expected more from stoke when we played them last,they just rolled over and never looked like the threat you would generally expect from them.hope its the same sat although at home the crowd really fire them up.if we win both these games i will be very impressed about how far we have come in such a short period of time.

Me too. The away game is an acid test and I don't expect a win.

Those of you demanding victories at home and away are greedy bastards. Firstly, Stoke have nothing left in their season except the FA Cup so expect a massive performance from them on Saturday. My prediction is a hard fought 1-1 draw, a replay unfortunately being the worst outcome for us. When we go to Stoke, we will get pushed, chased and hassled off the park. Expecting a 2-0 defeat, partly because their mad supporters will provide their 12th man. Don't forget they have just put six past Arse and Blackburn in their last two home games.

Stoke don't have a great cup record and haven't been past the 5th round for nearly 30 years so they'll be up for this in the same way we were up for the cup game at Blackburn a few seasons ago. They're not in danger of relegation and nor can they get a European slot so if we can knock them out on Saturday they could go into end-of-season mode.

Or they could be up for revenge.

If I had to choose Cup or 3 points I'd go for the 3 points. It will be great to get to next Sunday 3 points up on the dippers and then beat them, to make it a 6 point gap with a game in hand.

i hope city give them everything we have sat.win all our battles and let them know whos boss.then come midweek they wont be so confident.i think we are all agreed stoke are a tough nut to crack but we have a sledgehammer in tevez and more of our big hitters coming back from injury,thats got to worry them a little.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.