Stoke pull out of James loan. Don't want to pay his wages

They wanted to pay some, then the rest if he played and kept them up in further increments.

Also they wanted to pay until season end in May, then Pompey pay his full wages to the end of his contract in June.

Sunderland should get him, they need a good 'keeper. Or even Arsenal!

Hilario is class when he steps in. He plays without any nerves.

I can see him gettig a game on merit before the end of the season if Cech gets worse.

This would be the David James who left City along with Cole and Distin to take a nice big hike in salary to join Harry's Pompey revolution on the South Coast! That didn't last long did it and hopefully Harry and his mate Peter Storey will soon be exposed as petty crooks. Also thought James needed to be south to see his kids? or is the pull of the Britannia Stadium too much to turn down.

nmc said:
This would be the David James who left City along with Cole and Distin to take a nice big hike in salary to join Harry's Pompey revolution on the South Coast! That didn't last long did it and hopefully Harry and his mate Peter Storey will soon be exposed as petty crooks. Also thought James needed to be south to see his kids? or is the pull of the Britannia Stadium too much to turn down.

James who won the FA Cup in 2008 went down south because of his new girl friend, but things often don't last forever. If it were not for salary hikes we wouldn't have our current set of players.

Corky said:
nmc said:

James who won the FA Cup in 2008 went down south because of his new girl friend, but things often don't last forever. If it were not for salary hikes we wouldn't have our current set of players.

Sorry, I thought James went south because his ex wife lived down there and he wanted to see his kids. Didn't know it was simply to be near his girlfriend. As for the salary hikes I agree it's essential if you want to build your squad but it was obvious Pompey could never sustain paying top dollar to all and sundry - apparently they are in a real mess and the FA are seriously worried they could go under.

I heard somewhere that if he plays a certain number of games for Pompey then he has a clause that says they have to give him a new contract or something and with them being skint thats the last thing they want to do. And apparently he is close to this number.

nmc said:
Corky said:

Sorry, I thought James went south because his ex wife lived down there and he wanted to see his kids. Didn't know it was simply to be near his girlfriend. As for the salary hikes I agree it's essential if you want to build your squad but it was obvious Pompey could never sustain paying top dollar to all and sundry - apparently they are in a real mess and the FA are seriously worried they could go under.

He met an old school friend on the internet so the story went, friends reunited or something.

I will be glad to see Pompey go down, it is not a good away game, if City never play there again it is no loss. However James made the right decision on footballing grounds at the time after giving his all for us.

nmc said:
Portsmouth are refusing to play him due to a clause in his contract. He wants to play in the World Cup. What do you suggest he does? Just sit on the bench at Pompey and miss out on South Africa?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.