Stomach ulcers

Like Gout,predominantly a lifestyle issue.

Clean up your diet and get some exercise done,and there its almost certain you wont encounter these problems.
Lost 2.5 stone over last 18 months training for an ultra marathon which I completed 3 weeks ago probably in the best shape I've been for over 20 years !!

Lost 2.5 stone over last 18 months training for an ultra marathon which I completed 3 weeks ago probably in the best shape I've been for over 20 years !!
Something a miss then,unless damage mostly caused proor...hopefully test results reveal and its easily sorted.Best of luck

I take 2 a day morning & night, woke up many times thinking I'm going to be sick or feeling like I'm about to spit out a car battery

Panic attacks followed but all to do with hiatus hernia

A hiatus hernia is a problem affecting the stomach. It can cause stomach acid to travel up to your throat.

Symptoms of hiatus hernia include a burning feeling in your chest (heartburn), burping and feeling sick.

Treatments for a hiatus hernia include taking antacids, eating smaller portions and losing weight. You may need surgery if it does not get better.

It's not clear what causes a hiatus hernia. It's more common if you're over 50, pregnant or overweight.

Symptoms
  • Heartburn.
  • Regurgitation of food or liquids into the mouth.
  • Backflow of stomach acid into the esophagus (acid reflux)
  • Difficulty swallowing.
  • Chest or abdominal pain.
  • Feeling full soon after you eat.
  • Shortness of breath.
  • Vomiting of blood or passing of black stools, which may indicate gastrointestinal bleeding.
I went into hospital for the endoscopy & not nice to be honest but it's best to check just incase anything worse is hanging about

As an ex Cancer patient there is nothing worse than thinking stupid things unfortunately I've become a hypocndriact & always feel the worst

I very rarely drink alcohol anymore never smoked & don't touch fizzy drinks

I have to take 40mg esomeprazole twice a day I copped for Barrett’s esophagus not great . i have a endoscopy the consultant removed some benign polyps but last time he said see you in 3 years for you next one . Watchful waiting I’ve been told .

Like Gout,predominantly a lifestyle issue.

Clean up your diet and get some exercise done,and there its almost certain you wont encounter these problems.
It's predominantly a bacteria or anti-inflammatory meds issue. Lifestyle factors can possibly make the symptoms worse but they don't cause ulcers themselves.

It's predominantly a bacteria or anti-inflammatory meds issue. Lifestyle factors can possibly make the symptoms worse but they don't cause ulcers themselves.
Yep, https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/h-pylori-helicobacter-pylori

Had it myself for a long time until I had the treatment, which back then, it was initially thought it was only effective the once, after that it didn’t work, when in fact, it turned out you can have the treatment numerous times and it will still clear up.
Only thing that ever worked with me and would recommend anyone with ulcers mention it to their Doc (believe it or not, there was a time many didn’t even know about H.pylori).

Had H.pylori.
Has all the classic systems. Ulcers, acid reflux/heart burn and low B12.
Was tested multiple times for H.pylori. Negative each time.
Turns out you cannot be on any antacid tablets/treatments for at least 2-4 weeks before the test.

I had all the suggestions about stress, life style and drinking too much from my GP.
First off i hardly ever drink. Run 5k twice a week. And stress is part of life.
I was very overweight, but lack of B12 means very little spare energy.

Finally a stomach camera/biopsy found the H.pylori.

Same me, same lifestyle. Lost nearly four stone in a year.
Zero heartburn/acid reflux. B12 back to normal.

So was i just lazy with a bad life style or was i ill?
Wonder how many other illnesses are causing people to be blamed for (being fat) when it's not their fault

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.