Stone Roses to reform

Re: Stone Roses to reform?

Loved them in their day.....but that's the thing....it was 'in their day'

Brown was, and being kind here, less than average singer in a live situation...having seen them a few times.....but the vibe and lets be honest, the 'substances' taken enhanced the experience.....and doubt it could be replicated....and if they delivered anything less than 100%, the media would crucify them.....and the legend of the Roses would be severely damaged imho.....

They did one stone cold classic album, a very very good album, and some fantastic singles.....along with some great (if Rose tinted....Pun not intended, but hey...) gigs.....think it'd be far better to leave it to memories and legend meself.....

Gaudino said:

Brown was, and being kind here, less than average singer in a live situation...having seen them a few times.....but the vibe and lets be honest, the 'substances' taken enhanced the experience.....and doubt it could be replicated....and if they delivered anything less than 100%, the media would crucify them.....and the legend of the Roses would be severely damaged imho.....

They did one stone cold classic album, a very very good album, and some fantastic singles.....along with some great (if Rose tinted....Pun not intended, but hey...) gigs.....think it'd be far better to leave it to memories and legend meself.....

Would you feel differently about their return if the intention was for them to record a third album?

Shands said:
Gaudino said:

Would you feel differently about their return if the intention was for them to record a third album?

Strangely, yeah....cos modern studio magyck and trickery will compensate for Brown's shortcomings even better then back 'in the day'......and think they have showed in their post Roses careers they still have ability to write decent stuff.....maybe together the spark will return...?

Big part depends on their motivation for doing it too.....is it urely for ££££'s or a genuine feeling that they have 'unfinished business'....?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Fucking awful idea.
One very good album 22 years ago,and then a shite sequel.
Who cares anymore?

I'd love them to get back together, people might realise just how fucking shit they were.
One good album and 22 years of hype.

Gaudino said:
Shands said:
Gaudino said:

Strangely, yeah....cos modern studio magyck and trickery will compensate for Brown's shortcomings even better then back 'in the day'......and think they have showed in their post Roses careers they still have ability to write decent stuff.....maybe together the spark will return...?

Big part depends on their motivation for doing it too.....is it urely for ££££'s or a genuine feeling that they have 'unfinished business'....?

That's pretty much where I stand with it too. A couple of gigs in isolation would feel like a nostalgia trip cash in, but if there's more to it, and the prospect of a return to the studio is involved, then that would get me excited. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't still have the ability to write some cracking songs, provided the spirit in the camp is good, as I'm sure the talent is still there. Let's see what unfolds.

Always felt the second album was hardly treated by one and all. Done by most others it would have a good effort. But seeing as it was being judged against one of the best of all time, it had no chance.

tonea2003 said:
Always felt the second album was hardly treated by one and all. Done by most others it would have a good effort. But seeing as it was being judged against one of the best of all time, it had no chance.

Spot on mate......remember being underwhelmed by it myself at the time.....but it was up against a genuine classic of it's (and any) time of their own making.....in retrospect (hindsight is 20/20 vision an' all that) it was always on a hiding to nothing.....and listened too now its a very good album, and partly because of exactly what at the time, many in the media slated it for.....Squire's Jimmy Page sound chiming through it.....

And yeah Shands.....be interesting to see how it all unfolds....

I'd love it if they got back together and I'd be front of the queue when the tickets went on sale. What happened in the late 80's and early 90's can never be changed, I will always love that Stone Roses. If they want to have another go now fucking great, at least we'd all have something better to look forward to than the new Coldplay album.

Gaudino said:
tonea2003 said:

Spot on mate......remember being underwhelmed by it myself at the time.....but it was up against a genuine classic of it's (and any) time of their own making.....in retrospect (hindsight is 20/20 vision an' all that) it was always on a hiding to nothing.....and listened too now its a very good album, and partly because of exactly what at the time, many in the media slated it for.....Squire's Jimmy Page sound chiming through it.....

And yeah Shands.....be interesting to see how it all unfolds....

Say what?
Five years and an estimated £10 million,and the best they could come up with was this wretched,aimless blues-rock-by-numbers bollocks?
Squire is not fit to carry Jimmy Page's guitar case,they are clearly doing this for the fucking taxman,and I hope the whole idea falls flat on it's pointless arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.