Stopping syncing to Onedrive

East Level 2

I seek your wisdom oh mighty gurus of Bluemoon.
My laptop syncs to Onedrive however I want to add some pics and music that will exceed my Onedrive limit.
Is it possible to set up a folder that won't sync to Onedrive. I've had a quick Google and there seem to be ways to stop the sync from Onedrive to PC but not the other way. I'm happy with other smaller folders syncing so don't want to ditch Onedrive completely.

I seek your wisdom oh mighty gurus of Bluemoon.
My laptop syncs to Onedrive however I want to add some pics and music that will exceed my Onedrive limit.
Is it possible to set up a folder that won't sync to Onedrive. I've had a quick Google and there seem to be ways to stop the sync from Onedrive to PC but not the other way. I'm happy with other smaller folders syncing so don't want to ditch Onedrive completely.
You can specify in the OneDrive (right click it’s taskbar icon) settings, folders not to backup?
Iirc it gives you a windows explorer type view, with the ability to uncheck a folder/subfolder.

Probably the simplest is putting the folders you don’t want backed up in a brand new folder like c:\notbackedup\videos etc and ensuring that entire folder level is excluded from OneDrive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.