Stories of meeting City fans in unusual places

Does anyone else, on seeing a City shirt or paraphernalia in an unexpected location (perhaps outside Gtr Mancland!) start singing in their head "Blues are here, Blues are there, Blues are every fkn where..." ?

Had to come south for work in mid 80s and was in office around London Victoria when USA WC was on, so '94, when I had a scout round including the Kings Arms, now demolished. Young manager turned out to be a Blue, so i started going in more often, we managed a couple of games, and then he was suddenly off to Oz with one of his (Australian) barmaids, who he married over there. I think I was supposed to be best man, but work commitments didn't allow it (so sorry Steve, or Stevo as you are no doubt now known!) and I've still never been down there, with regard to a catch up or otherwise.
So Stevo, if, by any chance, you ever look at these pages, send me a pm - it would be great to discuss the transformation of our wonderful club since the dark days, and find out what the hell you are up to! Cheers, jim

just been down to the shop to get some eggs etc. went get a pepper and there was a guy bent down getting some spuds, he had a city shirt on, last week a guy came in the bar selling inca pottery things...wearing a city shirt. We live in a bit of an out of the way place, see city shirts all the time here. From what I can gather its the quality of the football that people are interested in, not fuckin history!

A bit off topic but when i was about 13 i went on a school trip from NI to London and we went to Lilywhites sports shop. I would estimate this to be around 2005.

Anyway among the hats and beanies there was a number of deadstock City Kappa beanies with the tags still on. I picked one up and i dont think it was more than £1 as it was very reduced.

But looking back at it the hat must of been from 1999 so prob 5-6 years lying in the shop haha.

2 for me.

Was in Marseille on a Cruise Stop, walking towards an outdoor Market, a young lad was walking towards us in a tracksuit, I thought that surely can’t be a City badge on his tracky, closer he got confirmed it, I said to him “Blue Army” and pointed to his badge, he gave me a big smile and a thumbs up.

Second was in Munich going to a Blossoms gig, met a lad who’s on here, we were on the train, had his City T shirt on, Manchester born but lived in Germany for a long time.

Went to get a COVID test at my local health centre in Glasgow and the army were helping out and the soldier asked me to see the QR code on my phone and when he seen my phone screen was the City Badge, He told me he was also a City fan up from England and was helping out with COVID testing and would miss the Champs League game mid-week.

as i live in sunny doncaster[ well it is today ] more and more kids around here have city shirts on, but my story is, the chemist near me where i go, their was a nice lady who had a chat with me while she got me my pills, any way late last year i needed something and went in and asked for this item [a spoon for cough medcine] , i had my city face mask on and she said since i was a blue i could have it for free, she was also a city fan from manchester and a season ticket holder in the colin bell stand, so i have known this lady many years did not know she was a city fan

Walked into my office a few weeks back and there sitting at the computer was this temp office worker in a De Bruyne shirt. Nearly fell over. Asked him if he's looking forward to the Madrid game and he said "I might watch it". You can imagine my disappointment to that tepid response. I didn't bother taking the discussion any further. Oh well, I was happy for a few seconds at least.

I have posted this before. In the early 90s I was walking in downtown Seattle when I spotted a grungy looking type in a City shirt. So I shouted hello across the road(wife not impressed).
Anyway he was a local so I asked him: “Why City?” His answer: “Coz I hate fucking Man United.” Seattle is that sort of place. That’s why I love it there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.