Stories of meeting City fans in unusual places

About 2009, just after I'd started supporting City, I got the bus from Edgeley into Manchester city centre and saw someone with a Robinho shirt on there.

I've probably bumped into some abroad, but I'm an antisocial grumpy git, so I'd never find out unless they told me whilst I tried to ignore them.

Five minutes ago, guy in a City shirt and me in my Agueroo shirt in Met Life Stadium N.J. for the Paul McCartney concert. Greeted each other with "Fuck, yes!"

Last edited:
Five minutes ago, guy in a City shirt and me in my Agueroo shirt in Met Life Stadium N.J. for the Paul McCartney concert. Greeted each other with "Fuck, yes!"
I see you edited your post...... shame you forgot to remove Paul McCartney. It was a good story apart from that.

I see you edited your post...... shame you forgot to remove Paul McCartney. It was a good story apart from that.
Maybe should have done. He wasn't that great. 80 now and showing his age, like all of us.

About 2009, just after I'd started supporting City, I got the bus from Edgeley into Manchester city centre and saw someone with a Robinho shirt on there.

I've probably bumped into some abroad, but I'm an antisocial grumpy git, so I'd never find out unless they told me whilst I tried to ignore them.
Bluesince 76??

I was in Vietnam on holiday, arrived after a bastard of a journey was in a city shirt woman flew out from behind bar with drink singing blue moon. She was Thai and started supporting us when Thaksin took over only other thing I can remember was her name was Vi.
You knew a hooker her name was Violet?

In the Spanish town where I live there’s the scruffiest homeless guy you could ever wish to meet. A few weeks ago he walked past in an old EIDOS bomber jacket and the City crest on it, probably from the late 90’s at a guess. Wife said it’s a historic bit of clothing make an offer for it, I wouldn’t touch it for a footballers weekly wage !!!

Must come across this BBC News article.

55-FB3-B25-1-B9-D-4-AF9-94-F4-5-FA1-B3-A9-A690.png

Watch: 'World’s biggest' freshwater fish has been found in Mekong, Cambodia

I’m travelling to Paris in August and I’m forcing my GF to make a pit stop with me to Manchester to watch a game at the Etihad. I have no idea how purchasing tickets or anything works down there so I was just doing some searches on Google.

Came across a Quora post (for those of you who don’t know, it’s a website you can ask questions about anything) of a City fan responding to someone asking “why is the Etihad stadium always empty?”

Long story short I created a quora account then and there with the sole purpose of messaging him to get more info as I noticed he lived in England and based on his answer, knew his stuff. To my surprise he answered, and referred me to this forum! And here we are today. Just signed up yesterday. Thanks again @Marklr !

Never thought I’d meet a city fan on Quora. Lol. Didn’t even know that website existed, or that you could even send private messages to users on a website where you just ask people anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.