Stories of meeting City fans in unusual places

I’m travelling to Paris in August and I’m forcing my GF to make a pit stop with me to Manchester to watch a game at the Etihad. I have no idea how purchasing tickets or anything works down there so I was just doing some searches on Google.

Came across a Quora post (for those of you who don’t know, it’s a website you can ask questions about anything) of a City fan responding to someone asking “why is the Etihad stadium always empty?”

Long story short I created a quora account then and there with the sole purpose of messaging him to get more info as I noticed he lived in England and based on his answer, knew his stuff. To my surprise he answered, and referred me to this forum! And here we are today. Just signed up yesterday. Thanks again @Marklr !

Never thought I’d meet a city fan on Quora. Lol. Didn’t even know that website existed, or that you could even send private messages to users on a website where you just ask people anything.
@JustynFromCanada
If you are forcing your girlfriend to make a pit stop at the Etihad she is the wrong girl for you.
Dump her now before things get serious. There are loads of girls out there but there is only one City.

I’m travelling to Paris in August and I’m forcing my GF to make a pit stop with me to Manchester to watch a game at the Etihad. I have no idea how purchasing tickets or anything works down there so I was just doing some searches on Google.

Came across a Quora post (for those of you who don’t know, it’s a website you can ask questions about anything) of a City fan responding to someone asking “why is the Etihad stadium always empty?”

Long story short I created a quora account then and there with the sole purpose of messaging him to get more info as I noticed he lived in England and based on his answer, knew his stuff. To my surprise he answered, and referred me to this forum! And here we are today. Just signed up yesterday. Thanks again @Marklr !

Never thought I’d meet a city fan on Quora. Lol. Didn’t even know that website existed, or that you could even send private messages to users on a website where you just ask people anything.
We need photos of your Girlfriend and one of us will look after her for you during your trip if she's half decent.
Our standards are quite low. I agree about dumping her though.

Untitled.jpg

We need photos of your Girlfriend and one of us will look after her for you during your trip if she's half decent.

View attachment 47863
Yes apologies, forgot the first rule of bluemoon. All new members must submit a photograph of their soon to be dumped girlfriend.

@JustynFromCanada
If you are forcing your girlfriend to make a pit stop at the Etihad she is the wrong girl for you.
Dump her now before things get serious. There are loads of girls out there but there is only one City.
Hahaha. It was actually her idea to see if it’s possible for us to make it there so I could watch a game. after seeing that it’s actually feasible I didn’t give her a choice. She’s as supportive as they get.

View attachment 47863
She’s definitely good looking, so no problems there for you. I can drop her off somewhere and we can go watch the game together. Never mind staying with her. She’s more excited to watch Mbappe and PSG though so she’s really on thin ice…

Went ten pin bowling last Sunday with my daughter. As we got out of the car the bloke in the car next to us wished me a happy father's day. I said thanks and then noticed a long sky blue key chain leading from his belt into his pocket and the City logo on it.
"You a City fan" I enquired and led to a conversation about a teacher at school 15 years ago telling students to watch the Premier League and he fell in love with the game and picked City.
A nice little exchange indeed.
I didn't ask him if he liked The Smiths (in case anyone was wondering....)

Met one at the top of the Eiffel tower about 10 years ago,we both were wearing the same city shirt,he had no English and I had no French so just a thumb's up from both of us to each other

About 30 odd years ago I was backpacking around Europe. Was in a campsite in Menton on the French/ Italian border. Was a hike into town down a narrow and dark footpath. Had a city top on. Stepped aside to let another lad and his missus get past and he stopped, turned and pulled his shirt apart to show the same top. We had a chat, went back into town and got drunk. Great night.

Steve, if you are reading this, thanks for a great night, and I'm sorry for doing a runner with your girl.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.