Strange rules of the game

Stuuuuuu said:
The only problem with that, is that players will start routinely fouling when an attacker is about to score. It would totally ruin the whole spirit of the game. So for that reason, I think the threat of being sent off the pitch is necessary.
Agreed. The suggestion maybe makes sense for instances like Demichelis the other night where a penalty puts the attacking team in a better situation, but what if Messi had gone round Hart and was then fouled just as he's about to roll the ball into an empty net? He'd be compensated with a more difficult chance and have to beat the keeper all over again, with City and Demichelis being no worse off.

There has to be some form of punishment to act as a deterrent. Simply replacing one goal-scoring opportunity with another goal-scoring opportunity is no punishment whatsoever and would result in loads more of these fouls being committed.

another stupid rule is being forced to wear your away kit when you dont really need to. isnt there a certain amount of times you have to wear it

Dubai Blue said:
Stuuuuuu said:
The only problem with that, is that players will start routinely fouling when an attacker is about to score. It would totally ruin the whole spirit of the game. So for that reason, I think the threat of being sent off the pitch is necessary.
Agreed. The suggestion maybe makes sense for instances like Demichelis the other night where a penalty puts the attacking team in a better situation, but what if Messi had gone round Hart and was then fouled just as he's about to roll the ball into an empty net? He'd be compensated with a more difficult chance and have to beat the keeper all over again, with City and Demichelis being no worse off.

There has to be some form of punishment to act as a deterrent. Simply replacing one goal-scoring opportunity with another goal-scoring opportunity is no punishment whatsoever and would result in loads more of these fouls being committed.

I think there needs to be a little bit of nuance added to the law. As it currently stands, I believe when there's no no one between the striker and the goal but the goalkeeper, the keeper is counted as a the last man, so when the keeper fouls the striker, it's a straight red. Now I think the red card shouldn't be automatic, because most of the time in situations where it's striker vs. keeper near the goalmouth, the keeper must try and make some kind of save, and if it results in a foul perhaps a yellow card should be given instead of a straight red. Red cards should be reserved for when there's obvious malicious intent or if it's cynical. If the keeper seems to be genuinely going for the ball, the penalty seems a bit harsh. I think the keeper shouldn't have the same rules apply as if he were the last defender.

Dubai Blue said:
Stuuuuuu said:

Penalty goals are the solution here.

Chipmeister said:
A player commits a foul in the penalty box and is sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity, however, the referree awards a penalty, the clearest goal scoring opportunity there is so why is the player sent off ?

I don't buy into it at all.... some players in some instances would probably prefer the goal scoring opportunity from open play, depending on where the ball and keeper is. Also the odds on scoring a penalty are likely less than scoring what could have been an open net. There are many times what would have been a clear goal has been denied and the following penalty missed - most notably suarez handball in the world cup..... It's just cheating and there's no place for it imo, and if theres no punishment then expect rugby tackles to fly in whenever a quality player is one on one but in touching distance of the last defender!!! The grey area for this would only be where there is a legitimate attempt made of winning the ball fairly but the initial point still stands, so bottom line is if its a red card the defender knows what he's doing and knows the consequence of doing it, if it means players risk mistiming a fair tackle and being sent off to stop the other cases of pure cheating then so be it.

Demichelis was a silly boy for diving in on Messi there was little to no chance of him winning that ball so deserved the red, and he let his team mates down

Ive always frowned at this but the more i think about it the more im coming around to it.
What about a 15 min Sin Bin.

Has this one ever happenend in English football?...

For the 1st time in Germany a penalty has been given in 2. Bundesliga match Kiel vs Bochum against a player warming up behind the goal line
for touching the ball wide of the mark before crossing the base line completely.

Most people involved didn't even know the rule exists! But the VAR team did.
The rule surely was made for other incidents, but here we are - watch the ball...

Ive just been reading up on some of the rules of the game & here's one that suprised me.
What happens if a team kick's the ball into their own goal from a direct free kick?
Don't look it up.
Answers
Corner

Has this one ever happenend in English football?...

For the 1st time in Germany a penalty has been given in 2. Bundesliga match Kiel vs Bochum against a player warming up behind the goal line
for touching the ball wide of the mark before crossing the base line completely.
Most people involved didn't even know the rule exists! But the VAR team did.
The rule surely was made for other incidents, but here we are - watch the ball...
I thought that would just be a booking as happened when we played at Stoke about 20 years ago. The ball was about to go out for a goal kick near the corner flag and one of their subs passed it to the keeper before it crossed the line. - At least that's how I remember it.

If a team official, substitute, substituted or sent-off player or outside agent enters the field of play, the referee must:
  • only stop play if there is interference with play
  • have the person removed when play stops
  • take appropriate disciplinary action
If play is stopped and the interference was by:
  • a team official, substitute, substituted or sent-off player, play restarts with a direct free kick or penalty kick
  • an outside agent, play restarts with a dropped ball
Amazingly it's quite clear what the outcome should be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.