Strange rules of the game

If a team official, substitute, substituted or sent-off player or outside agent enters the field of play, the referee must:
  • only stop play if there is interference with play
  • have the person removed when play stops
  • take appropriate disciplinary action
If play is stopped and the interference was by:
  • a team official, substitute, substituted or sent-off player, play restarts with a direct free kick or penalty kick
  • an outside agent, play restarts with a dropped ball
Amazingly it's quite clear what the outcome should be.

Hm, maybe one could argue if play being stopped was caused by the substitute...

I wouldn't want a CL final being decided by such a penalty, but maybe that's just me.

Hm, maybe one could argue if play being stopped was caused by the substitute...

I wouldn't want a CL final being decided by such a penalty, but maybe that's just me.

I doubt anyone would, but if a sub interferes with play in the area, anything less than a direct freekick/penalty is a benefit.

A few seasons ago I was reffing a Northern Premier game. The striker went round the keeper who tripped him up about 2 yards outside the box but before I blew up the striker got to his feet and put the ball into the empty net. I thought "great advantage". However, in the changing room the assessor says I should have blown up and red carded the keeper as you should never play an advantage from a red card incident. I asked him what red card incident, too which he said "denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity". He did not really have an answer when I pointed out he had not denied the goalscoring opportunity.

One for refs amongst us:

What happens when you're reffing a match in which an established team is drawing 3-3 with its local rivals, but they desperately need a win to maintain both their title challenge and perceived superiority over said up and coming rivals and you've added four minutes of injury time?
and then extend that 4 minutes because the away opponent "over" celebrated their equalizer...……...another rule administered against us never to be seen again

Premier League have plenty of unwritten ones.
like when we played stoke away a couple of seasons ago early on in the season......corner to stoke next minute the ref points to the spot Raheem gets booked..commentary team announce that its a new rule that any infringement (player being held) on a corner will result in a penalty......another rule applied to city never to be seen again

like when we played stoke away a couple of seasons ago early on in the season......corner to stoke next minute the ref points to the spot Raheem gets booked..commentary team announce that its a new rule that any infringement (player being held) on a corner will result in a penalty......another rule applied to city never to be seen again

That we benefited from before that in the same game?

I noted yesterday’s referee did not uphold the leaving the pitch at the nearest point to KDB or any other subs. Not that I’m bothered but it was brought in to manage time wasting so it could be used against us at some point.

That was in the second half. We were awarded a penalty for a similar incident in the first half.
The problem was that the FA had decided to clamp down on offences at corners and free kicks and yet it only applied in that game before it was unofficially shelved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.