Cobwebcat

Team supported
Manchester City
RSC
Adebayour
Bridge
Bellamy
Onuoha

Can't think of another situation whereby a club just ignored such high profile players. I'm interested to see how this will pan out as none are going to be in our 25.

If nobody will buy them, because of their wages, and we won't loan them then it will come down to money vs desire to play for all five. We will find out a lot about the character of these five by 01/09/2011

Other than RSC they are good players too IMHO.

It is so their wages don't count under FFPR because they are classed as for sale and by keeping them separate no one on this planet can argue these players are part of citys squad. Collectively they are probably on 400K a week or 20m a year that don't go against us and neither do we get hit for any amortisation costs. IMO.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Rammyblues said:
It is so their wages don't count under FFPR because they are classed as for sale
I thought it was the amortisation that can be excluded if they are classed as 'held for sale'?

IIRC don't we get 1 year of sitting them in the stands, excluded from squad list, and their wages don't count.

All signed prior to 1st of June 2010 - wages don't count, maybe expressed myself badly above. Sorry.

It really is an embarressment of riches as all those players would be automatic starters in any premier league side bar Manure , Chelsea and Arsenal and even those clubs would take on some of them if the price was right.

Clearly the aim for City is the title this year and provided all goes well and the team gells as well as is should and most of them have a full season with each other to draw on , Tevez or no Tevez the title is achievable now.

We still have to be on our metal and get better results than we did last season against Arsenal , Manure, Liverpool and Chelsea overall if we are to make up the difference.

it speaks volumes about the character of some of the players that they haven't moved on. They would rather collect big pay cheques to play reserves

southwalesjesus said:
it speaks volumes about the character of some of the players that they haven't moved on. They would rather collect big pay cheques to play reserves

Wouldn't most people do that though? Bellamy and Bridge are in the concluding stages of their careers, why make it hard work?

zangatangring said:
southwalesjesus said:

Wouldn't most people do that though? Bellamy and Bridge are in the concluding stages of their careers, why make it hard work?

I don't mean Bellamy, he has said many times he wants to finish his career at Cardiff, I think he would take vastly reduced wages at Cardiff but if he can't he's willing to wait out the year, he's been quite honest about it.

I was mainly talking about RSC and Bridge....and honestly I would do the exact same thing, it's just showing that money is more important to them than playing. TBH I don't really know the point of my previous post :S

southwalesjesus said:
zangatangring said:
southwalesjesus said:

I don't mean Bellamy, he has said many times he wants to finish his career at Cardiff, I think he would take vastly reduced wages at Cardiff but if he can't he's willing to wait out the year, he's been quite honest about it.

I was mainly talking about RSC and Bridge....and honestly I would do the exact same thing, it's just showing that money is more important to them than playing. TBH I don't really know the point of my previous post :S

Lol, agree with ya mate ;).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.