Streamer & Ticker tape It was all down to you the fans.

Re: Streamer & Ticker tape for the Derby, EL 2 + 3 where from?

Roger Ringpiece said:
Couldn't agree more. Can see it all now. Pitch covered in paper, rags calling it a council tip instead of the council house and it blowing all over the place throughout the game looking like Longsight Market on a Saturday night.

If you want to improve the atmosphere try getting people to sing instead like they do at other grounds. The fact you want to do something like this to get the atmosphere up epitomises everything that is wrong in terms of fans getting behind the team. Try singing for more than the first five seconds of the game instead.

bluemanc said:
The tickertape idea will end up like the ballon idea a complete disaster,it will take the stewards ages to clear the pitch & will kill the atmosphere.
The banner/flags scarfs are all we need plus of course getting behind the shirt with noise.
Why are we worried yet again what the rag fans are saying, they are all wrapped up their green and gold world.
If you have attended a world cup final and seen what effect it can have on a team you would understand where we are coming from.
Is City not the club that doe's things before other teams fans, fancy dress away days, inflatables, blue moon rising effect, come on lets stop worrying about what the Rag fans think. Its our City!!!!

Assuming the pitch gets covered in this stuff, and if the referee insists it is removed before the game kicks off, I would think you have also put enough thought into the fact that clubs get fined for late/delayed kick offs?

Yes we can afford a fine if that happens but as people have said it was done for World Cups in 78 and 82 which should basically say it a dated idea, as well as one I dont see any other clubs fans doing to get the atmosphere going, and as I said earlier it shows the problems we have in terms of fans getting behind the team if we have to throw half a recycled tree on the pitch!.

Tacky,IMO.

the steward will love people standing up and chucking stuff at the pitch?

if we could get this done it would look epic, fuck clearing the pitch for a minute, who cares, so what?

it takes 5-6 minutes to KO after the players come out anyway with all the TV adverts, clear it then, by the time they coverage comes back on the TV, the pitch will be cleared, it's not like it's gonna clog up everywhere, just a bit of paper on the edge, crikey.

it's something different, a great idea and it would look absolutely brilliant, please do it.

sticky this thread nearer the time of the game to get it organised correctly.

29c1chs.jpg

2rxcfo7.jpg

2rvzcko.jpg

Any of these, hanging from the east or south stand second tier.

Do it.

Roger Ringpiece said:
Assuming the pitch gets covered in this stuff, and if I dont see any other clubs fans doing to get the atmosphere going, and as I said earlier it shows the problems we have in terms of fans getting behind the team if we have to throw half a recycled tree on the pitch!.

Tacky,IMO.

Don't think of other clubs for a second, we are Manchester City FC. We should take a lead to create a unique and fantastic atmosphere. I personally think that things like this would ultimately get more parts of the crowd excited and would make people more vocal.

I understand that there are a few traditional fans that like scarfs etc but we can still have that, we should also promote creative ways of displaying our support in different forms. It's a matter of trial and ever and if we don't try new things than the atmopshere will never grow.

The way i see it with our new found success is that its up to us fans to create a fantastic/creative atmosphere so when we do start to get more day trippers then we wont turn into a prawn sandwich, they too will want to get involved etc.

Anyways this is my personal opinion and that is the beauty of the forums but i think this is a great idea and with the rest of the inflatables and plans it would just add something else.

CTID

im in 307, i will do it, are we providing our own here?

adammck said:
Roger Ringpiece said:
Assuming the pitch gets covered in this stuff, and if I dont see any other clubs fans doing to get the atmosphere going, and as I said earlier it shows the problems we have in terms of fans getting behind the team if we have to throw half a recycled tree on the pitch!.

Tacky,IMO.

Don't think of other clubs for a second, we are Manchester City FC. We should take a lead to create a unique and fantastic atmosphere. I personally think that things like this would ultimately get more parts of the crowd excited and would make people more vocal.

I understand that there are a few traditional fans that like scarfs etc but we can still have that, we should also promote creative ways of displaying our support in different forms. It's a matter of trial and ever and if we don't try new things than the atmopshere will never grow.

The way i see it with our new found success is that its up to us fans to create a fantastic/creative atmosphere so when we do start to get more day trippers then we wont turn into a prawn sandwich, they too will want to get involved etc.

Anyways this is my personal opinion and that is the beauty of the forums but i think this is a great idea and with the rest of the inflatables and plans it would just add something else.

CTID
tHIS:)<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:51 pm --<br /><br />
jd-blue said:
im in 307, i will do it, are we providing our own here?[/quote
At the moment we are 'blue' I am taking 40 into 308 L3 East. I have e-mailed City today as you will see on this post and will post their reply.
I am a great believer we should try new things after all we are 'CITY' and people expect us to be different.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
I am a great believer we should try new things after all we are 'CITY'

keep saying that to the mrs, she aint having it tho.

My mate played on COMS in a Football Aid game two days after the UEFA Cup Final, he said the pitch was still covered in ticker tape type stuff then, so your one minute is a little way off the mark!

Freestyler said:
if we could get this done it would look epic, fuck clearing the pitch for a minute, who cares, so what?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.