Striker (s) Choices for Sat

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BLUEMATT23, 12 May 2011.

1. GoatersRightShin

GoatersRightShin

Tevez has to start because he gives the team a lift. But that means we have another "small" player on the pitch (De Jong, Silva, Milner) so I reckon he'll drop Johnson and play Balotelli on the right to add some height....

2. raininspain

raininspain

One hundred percent in agreement with your assessment.

We had absolutely no attacking options the other night after the Spurs goal went in. Adam Johnson, great player though he may be, is all too often a luxury and disappears for long periods. Yaya needs to play just behind the forward(s) so he can use his incredible bursts of speed to get past defenders. Dzeko is NOT the sort of forward who can play as a lone striker and hold the ball up. His first touch needs to improve a hell of a lot for next season.

Once Tevez came on, you could see the difference. You just can't get the ball off him; he uses his body strength to shield the ball from the opposition and gives us so many more options. Even if he's only 75% fit, he has to play some part on Saturday, but whether he starts or comes off the bench is something that Bobby Manc has to decide.

If I were picking the team (and thank goodness I'm not!), I'd play Balo from the start and bring Tevez on later. Or, I'd play Tevez from the start and bring Balo on later. Or . . . . . .

3. BLUEMATT23

BLUEMATT23

A bit left side this one.
    How about Jo & Dzeko with Tevez in behind?

Ditch Johnson & Milner

4. HellasLEAF

HellasLEAF

Re: Striker (s) Conundrum for Sat

yes!

5. MaxMCFC

MaxMCFC

Tevez has to start! Also i reckon balo for johnson like a few people hav said on here cos johnno has been really poor recently

6. Cortez

Cortez

I think as other have said that Balotelli should start , preferably with a strike partner because i think he plays better when not alone up top. I think dropping Adam should be the best option , as for tevez start i think he is fit and one month without playing is not thaaat long. ( mind you hes been training) Mancini is just playing mind games .

7. dennis tuearts hatrick balls

dennis tuearts hatrick balls

i reckon mancini will start with dzeko and ballotelli rather than tevez and johnson to cope with the height of stoke and he will hope we get off to a good start. if it goes tits up then we have tevez and johnson available to pull us out of the shit......deep down i bet he hopes we dont need the subs either... then vinny can lift the trophy rather than the wantaway tevez

8. MCFC BOB

MCFC BOB

Fred's Patio on me: "Mr. Self Appointed Lord of Wh
    Tevez on his own.

9. Freestyler

Freestyler

Re: Striker (s) Conundrum for Sat

this.

10. rickmcfc

rickmcfc

I didnt want Tevez to play but after seeing what he did in 5 minutes against Tottenham, he must feature at some point. i dont think he could last 90, so start with Balotelli and Dzeko, then bring Tevez on for the second half. We must drop this dont want him to play because he is leaving attitude, we must do what will win us the FA Cup.