Strikers vs. Midfield

NoahCity

Is it the strikers not being clinical enough or poor supply from midfield? Definitely seems to be common talk on here as to why goals have been harder to come by and definitely influences who we will get in this window. What do you think? Is it the strikers note being clinical enough? Poor supply from midfield? Or both?

The strikers try and walk it into the goal. How many times this season have we been watching them and just thought 'have a bloody shot'.

The strikers have had more than enough chances all season, I just don't think they have had the confidence to have a go.

On the OS they show the golden goals against Norwich, watch the goals from the game last season rain in from all angles, and we just haven't seen it from them this season.

Well it certainly wasn't the midfielders' fault against Reading where we had 30 shots and it became almost comical how many of them we wasted. I'd say earlier in the season we had a problem with chances being created, then we started to improve on that but strikers failed to be clinical. It's absolutely remarkable how many chances we miss, the recent West Ham game was the same.

I would say the midfielders were at fault. Without much width Dzeko was never going to set the world on fire. Tevez and Aguero created their own openings. I thought Silva had a very disappointing season (by his very high standards). Nasri playing on the left wing is not great as he is so right footed making a crossing difficult. Obviously Barry, Yaya, Rodwell and Gargia played in central roles so creativity was low on their agendas. Selling Johnson was a mystery when Sinclair was a woeful alternative. I am looking to far more creativity from midfield next season and hope Dzeko stays to show what a clinical striker he is.

i think we struggled more to create goals rather than score them overall, not sure which area id say was lacking more, i've been putting the lack of chances/goals down to the system rather than players. Last few games we have been guilty of not taking some good chances, Reading aside tho i believe we should have been creating more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.