Strikers

I think Ched Evans will be sold this month.

I think he is keen to get his career going, and he is gonna be well down that list in the next couple of weeks.

As for Vass and Benjani i hardly think there will be a queue of takers.

Bojinov will be lucky to play again.

how can you say that Bojinov will be lucky to play again? It was only a couple of weeks back that it was in the news that he was back in training this month. IMO he will play and I think he will be a very pleasant surprise to a lot of people. He looked awesome in pre-season (then again, so did vassell.....)

I think the one that is here for sure is Vassell, with his contract up in the summer, it will be next to impossible to move him as he will lose a small fortune in signing fees by not moving out of contract. Evans(loan), Jo(loan+option to buy), Sturridge(sale if he isn't going to sign a contract), Benjani(on the table club will listen to offers).

Prophet- Ched wont be sold-he is rated to highly by Hughes and his team, they think they can really make him into a prem striker- every single championship team enquired about Evans upto the closure of the last window- think he might be loaned out but such is the demand for him from the top five clubs in championship- city will want something in return

Do we need to buy a striker at all? From the list and including all games this season;

Caciedo 4
Sturridge 3
Jo 3
Benjani 2
Evans 2 (if you count the dodgy one in the EUFA Cup)
Vassell 2

Playing with Robhino and SWP; it is unlikely Hughes will ever revert to 4 - 4 - 2.

The above list if converted into one imaginary player wold be the Premierships out and out top scorer at the moment with 2 more goals han Anelka.

I personally think Owen is worth a gamble and David Villa if we could prise him away from Valencia would be fantastic, which would mean maybe letting a couple of the list leave. My preferences would be Benjani and Vassell.

The youth of Sturridge, Jo and Caciedo (not forgetting Bojinov) is surely a better bet than to throw money at the likes of Santa Cruz, Defoe and Bellamy all of who are vastly overrated and come with inflated transfer prices.

It has been far too long since a young kid has come through our ranks or we got a young promising forward in early enough to make himself a real hero for our club, with a number of goals over a number of seasons. David White anyone?

Maybe, just maybe it is now City's turn to find a Fowler, Owen or a Raul and he might be here already.

MrT said:
Prophet- Ched wont be sold-he is rated to highly by Hughes and his team, they think they can really make him into a prem striker- every single championship team enquired about Evans upto the closure of the last window- think he might be loaned out but such is the demand for him from the top five clubs in championship- city will want something in return
I'd imagine the best offer from a championship side would be 2-3 mil.
Should we accepi that or hold on I am not sure?

Sturridge - definately keep...has what it takes to make it at the top level
Evans - sell...will never be anything more than a div 1 centre forward
Jo - as much as i want him to be successful he just isnt good enough at present....probably worth perserveering with to see if he can develop but i don think he will
Vassell - get rid of asap
Bojinov - no idea....
Benjani - sell
Caciedo- dont think he will make it either but maybe worth perserveering with

so get rid of:
evans
benjani
vass
Jo - if he doesnt start to improve in next 12 months
caciedo - simiilar to Jo

keep:
sturridge
boj

therefore we will need in the next 12 months at least 2 new strikers

in my opinion id go for adriano and villa (the likes of torres we wont get but those 2 aer gettable as Mourihnio has said adriano can go and valencia may sell villa if the price is right)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.