Structural House Survey

After spending 3k on steels to prop up a roof i locked the council surveyor in the loft until he'd signed off on the work.

The surveyor who did the original survey when we bought the house didn't spot that the chimney breast had been taken out cos. you know, on a terraced house that's really hard to spot...

Update on this.....

I ended up calling in the Insurance company to begin with who have said via an established structural surveying company that there is no evidence of any subsidence.

I've messaged my ex-buyer just for my personal happiness and suggested that the next time she sees a house she likes she may want to use a company with a 'proper' name not some generic one e-serv really wouldn't fill anyone with confidence.

Anyway we've decided to have some bits done (don't think we helped ourselves trying to sell with a few issues) before either putting it back on the market or staying a couple more years.

Met a builder in Chester while Mrs Moon was working a couple of weeks ago at an event at the racecourse and he's going to do some jobs, damp proof, floors, new ceilings upstairs & a couple of other minor things.

We'll just about break even after legal costs from the sale of ours, having to pull out of our purchase & the building work with the punt on PPI that I made on deadline day, with the 2 nice unexpected chunks of cash we got another & there's case still another case under investigation as well so we could still be ££££'s in profit with 'free money'.

I was proper pissed and down for a couple of weeks at the time but am apart from yesterday's game happy with life again.

Thanks for the advice from a few of you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.