Struggling to get my 13 year old to come to match

henrythedogcity

My 13 year lad's been a season ticket holder from 4 years old but he seems to have lost intrest at the moment and its a struggle to get him to come to a match these days.
Anyone else had this problem?

My 13 year lad's been a season ticket holder from 4 years old but he seems to have lost intrest at the moment and its a struggle to get him to come to a match these days.
Anyone else had this problem?

Yep. Peer friendships made a big difference with my lad, and when he discovered himself he was better at other sports than he was at football, those two things led to him losing interest in football in general and that included City. It bothered me at first but then I just went with it and embraced his interest in other sports, whilst at the same time maintaining my interest in City (although I’ve largely given up on football more widely). It’s wasn't as if if started supporting another football team (which would have been an issue!).

The good news is, at the age of 16 the interest in coming to matches, transfer news, getting involved in Fantasy Football etc has returned :-)

Keep the faith mate

Took my son to a City game, paid for coaching lessons but his interest was music and now tours the world in a band. He's no interest in any sport.
My daughter loves footie', used to take her to several games at Maine Road and she follows City's results. She always checks the fixtures before 'phoning me in case she might disturb my TV game. Her hairdresser is a City fan and he is always asking her "What did you dad think of the game?"

I have two sons who had season tickets from a relatively early age. The 18 year old lost interest some years ago, the 20 year old still laps it up. That's how it goes, you get to save yourself some money if he doesn't want to come. The drawback here could be the domestic arrangements...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.