"Stupendous!"

yayas trusty right foot

I keep seeing posts on here saying it is Martin Tyler who say this on the commentary..For me its 100% Niall Quinn..

They do sound very alike especially when they excited but there is a higher level of excitement when Quinn says " stupendous, the greatest moment i have seen in premier league football"

If it was MT he would not be getting more excited half way though his sentance..

Re: stupendous

If Niall Quinn said that then Dumbo himself scored the goal.

100% Tyler. The clue is that it sounds nothing like Quinn and its completely Tyler's tone of voice.

100% Tyler for me, it's a follow on from his sentence and is pronounced without even a hint of an Irish accent. And it is said closer to Tyler's last sentence than Quinn's "The greatest moment I've..." line. There's barely a second between Tyler saying "snatch the title away from Manchester United" and "stupendous" and I'm pretty sure the guest commentators are trained to wait a few seconds more before commenting so as to not talk over the main one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2onSRMLQ9Z0&feature=related[/youtube]

Tyler - Dumbooooooooo, you will never see anything like this ever again, drink it in

Quinn - Stupendous

26403-latabe_15_year_old_football_lover_elephant.jpg

Why is this even still being debated? Tyler gave an interview talking about his commentary on the day including the stupendous quote, sounds nothing like Quinn anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.