Stupid little things that bug you

Since we're on the subject of accents. As a Dubliner we tend to keep the 'g' silent on the end of words like 'going', shopping and playing etc. So when I hear fellow dubs trying desperately hard to fit in the 'g' it makes me cringe
Perfect examples Conor McGregor and Frank Stapleton
I know I'm showing my peasant side

Bogtrotter!

There's a resteraunt near me called Albert's, it's on the east lancs road in Swinton, it has an M27 postcode, which is the postcode for, you guessed it....Swinton.

It is a resteraunt in Swinton.

But they insist in calling themselves Albert's of Worsley. It isn't in Worsley you pretentious, lying bastards. Really winds up.
Near me, there’s a long standing rugby club called Bowdon RUFC. It’s not in Bowdon (Bowdon is on the other side of Altrincham town centre), it’s on the Timperley side of Clay Lane at the back of the Broomwood council estate.

Even more annoyingly, immediately next door to this, a gym opened up last decade on the same side of Clay Lane as the rugby club. They called themselves Hale Country Club and Spa.

Again, it’s not in Hale, it’s in Timperley, also at the back of the Broomwood council estate, and not in the countryside (so why call itself “Country Club”?).

And further, frustratingly, on the gym’s website it describes itself as being “in the heart of Cheshire” when Timperley (and Bowdon and Hale too) is in Trafford.

So on the Timperley side of Clay Lane there is Bowden RUFC and Hale CC&S (“in the heart of Cheshire”), in Trafford, Greater Manchester, within the continuous Manchester conurbation.

Weather forecast.....

Checked forecast today sunny spells and breeze. I wash the car, polish car, Hoover the inside and roof, clean the dash etc.

Finish look at the forecast now forecasting showers this afternoon. Why cant they even forecast the right weather for just a few hours ? :(

Near me, there’s a long standing rugby club called Bowdon RUFC. It’s not in Bowdon (Bowdon is on the other side of Altrincham town centre), it’s on the Timperley side of Clay Lane at the back of the Broomwood council estate.

Even more annoyingly, immediately next door to this, a gym opened up last decade on the same side of Clay Lane as the rugby club. They called themselves Hale Country Club and Spa.

Again, it’s not in Hale, it’s in Timperley, also at the back of the Broomwood council estate, and not in the countryside (so why call itself “Country Club”?).

And further, frustratingly, on the gym’s website it describes itself as being “in the heart of Cheshire” when Timperley (and Bowdon and Hale too) is in Trafford.

So on the Timperley side of Clay Lane there is Bowden RUFC and Hale CC&S (“in the heart of Cheshire”), in Trafford, Greater Manchester, within the continuous Manchester conurbation.
There’s this football team who play in Trafford...

There's a resteraunt near me called Albert's, it's on the east lancs road in Swinton, it has an M27 postcode, which is the postcode for, you guessed it....Swinton.

It is a resteraunt in Swinton.

But they insist in calling themselves Albert's of Worsley. It isn't in Worsley you pretentious, lying bastards. Really winds up.

Used to work with someone, who when giving their address would say Handforth, Wilmslow. It's fucking not in Wilmslow.
Equally the whole Altincham / Hale thing. Why don't people just say where they actually live.

I was in the Co-op today. Patiently standing on one marker after another in the queue, like you do. But this young woman kept pushing forward and standing within a foot of me. Every time I moved to the next marker, so did she, like she was my girlfriend or something.

Normally, at my age, I'd be flattered. In present circumstances I kept thinking "Stupid cow - stupid cow!"

I almost expected her to follow me out and get in the fucking car.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.