Stupid little things that bug you

bowls in sinks. I just cannot understand it, its like put another smaller sink into a big sink leaving less room.

Someone tell me is there a reason for bowls in sinks, its doing my head in all the arguments
To protect glassware and plates etc rather than hitting aluminium they hit plastic dish when being washed.

Spelling mistakes and missing words in graphics and on the headline tickers on news programmes. All channels are guilty of this and it happens all the time.

'Covid mashals' (BBC News) was a recent one but the best/worst recent one was on SSN. They were showing the MLS tables on the side of the screen and the team second bottom of the Eastern Conference was shown as Inter Milan. After a brief WTF? moment I realised that it should have been Inter Miami.

Spelling mistakes and missing words in graphics and on the headline tickers on news programmes. All channels are guilty of this and it happens all the time.

'Covid mashals' (BBC News) was a recent one but the best/worst recent one was on SSN. They were showing the MLS tables on the side of the screen and the team second bottom of the Eastern Conference was shown as Inter Milan. After a brief WTF? moment I realised that it should have been Inter Miami.
I thought it was...Inter Memam.

Somebody dies now, they haven't "passed away" (which is the phrase used for the last god knows how many decades) because of the Americans they've "passed" instead - so we all have to use that now - why do we have to copy the yanks with everything?
Pissed is another one. Pissed up, off, away, down etc all have different meanings.
We even get 'pled guilty'now. Its quite simple
Bleed - bled but
Plead - pleaded
Need - needed.

Then there is the ridulous sight of middle aged middle classed men copying the fashions and slang of American teenagers. GRRRR

Noisy eaters in general, but a friend of mine takes the biscuit. Every time that spoon or fork goes into his mouth not only to I hear an initial clash on his teeth, it's followed by scraping on them on the way out. It's a real disgusting habit!
What's he likes when he does actually take the biscuit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.