Sturgeon wants another referendum

Just dont see how the snp can frame a referendum on oil prices,quote it as once in a generation, lose it but then agitate for another against the wishes of a majority? Sturgeon completely ignores the majority and carries on as if 2014 didnt hapoen. May us correct to say no and whatever the ge outcome that should not change. You saw from the youtube video that she has also ignored the scottish parliament multiple times when it suits her. When will people wake up?

Generally I do consultancy work for the SG and sometimes for specific agencies, so mainly I stay in hotels around Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Recently I have been doing stuff at Tweedbank and because I have chosen to drive I have stayed in a few places around Melrose and Galashiels - really enjoyed that area especially driving round there in the Autumn.

Although I get to talk to a lot of people, as I am and English guy being paid by the SG I avoid direct talk about 'politics', so my thoughts/views are just what I have 'picked up'.
The Borders is a lovely area. I particularly like Melrose, it's a lovely town. Interestingly, the borders is conservative territory as is central Edinburgh so you may be picking up an anti SNP vibe because of that. The tories made good gains at the last Scottish election so they are by no means a dead duck in Scotland. Ruth Davidson is my favourite politician bar none. She is doing a cracking job although she will have to raise her game even more in the next month or so. I live just South of the capital. It was a resolutely Labour constituency now like many others, SNP.

The Borders is a lovely area. I particularly like Melrose, it's a lovely town. Interestingly, the borders is conservative territory as is central Edinburgh so you may be picking up an anti SNP vibe because of that. The tories made good gains at the last Scottish election so they are by no means a dead duck in Scotland. Ruth Davidson is my favourite politician bar none. She is doing a cracking job although she will have to raise her game even more in the next month or so. I live just South of the capital. It was a resolutely Labour constituency now like many others, SNP.
Borders isnt really conservative, maybe in comparison with rest of Scotland it is, but it previously returned Lib dems in the main, Michael Moore, until the last election when it went SNP. That said the collapse of the liberal democrat vote at the last election meant it was the consevatives that ran the SNP closest, it could go conservative this time with tactical voting or liberals could recover here. In other words its anybodies.
Must admit it was shock the SNP won here but it does show the willingness for people to vote SNP yet still be one of the strongest no votes in Scotland the referendum.

Borders isnt really conservative, maybe in comparison with rest of Scotland it is, but it previously returned Lib dems in the main, Michael Moore, until the last election when it went SNP. That said the collapse of the liberal democrat vote at the last election meant it was the consevatives that ran the SNP closest, it could go conservative this time with tactical voting or liberals could recover here. In other words its anybodies.
Must admit it was shock the SNP won here but it does show the willingness for people to vote SNP yet still be one of the strongest no votes in Scotland the referendum.
So in the 2016 election did the tories not take ettrick, Dumfries and galloway e.g. The three constituencies on the border?

If the Scots did vote to leave what would happen to the armed forces?

I know they want trident out of Faslane but who would defend Scotland? How would they work it out?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If the Scots did vote to leave what would happen to the armed forces?

I know they want trident out of Faslane but who would defend Scotland? How would they work it out?

Dont know , but a genuine question, who defends similar sized countries, such as Ireland, Denmark, Belgium ?

Dont know , but a genuine question, who defends similar sized countries, such as Ireland, Denmark, Belgium ?
They are NATO members ain't they so I guess other NATO members would. If Scotland wanted to join NATO then they would have to bring something to the table. I would imagine most serving troops would rather stay in a British Armed forces

They are NATO members ain't they so I guess other NATO members would. If Scotland wanted to join NATO then they would have to bring something to the table. I would imagine most serving troops would rather stay in a British Armed forces

I thought that I'd read from the first ref. that the actual troops wouldn't get a choice and would have to stay in the British Army? whether they wanted to leave or not, unless they'd finished and could join a Scottish army once they were no longer in the British Army?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.