Stuttgart make 7.9 million bid for pablo maffeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sold him now, having done all we'd asked, then I fear our system would be no better than that of Chelsea's. However, if we keep him and use him next season- ala Zinchenko this season, and given meaningful game time- then it will surely act as a fillip for other younger players, too.

If we sold him now, having done all we'd asked, then I fear our system would be no better than that of Chelsea's. However, if we keep him and use him next season- ala Zinchenko this season, and given meaningful game time- then it will surely act as a fillip for other younger players, too.
Fully agree, shone as a youngster, done the loan treadmill and excelled.

He deserves a chance with us if he bombs and I would seriously doubt he would we always have cover elsewhere.

Oh and tell Stuttgart to bugger off.

Too low an offer but whether we keep him or not is likely to depend on how long the player has on his contract and how patient he is. He must know that it would be difficult to dislodge Walker and therefore would have limited game time.

It would be nice if he stayed and became part of the squad but many of these youngsters know that they could probably get more playing time elsewhere at a slightly lower level.

Fully agree, shone as a youngster, done the loan treadmill and excelled.

He deserves a chance with us if he bombs and I would seriously doubt he would we always have cover elsewhere.

Oh and tell Stuttgart to bugger off.

Cannot blame clubs for enquiring about our youngsters, be it Stuttgart for Maffeo or Ajax/PSV for Angelino, after all, we are producing numerous players who cannot all play for us but are good enough to have careers at top clubs. I agree with your sentiment, however. :-)

We also have to create an environment where our established fullbacks (Walker/Mendy) do not become complacent and having hungry youngsters such as Maffeo and Angelino would hopefully keep them on their toes.

Isn’t that somewhat of a low offer in today’s market?

I would have thought between £12-15m would be more reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.