Stuttgart make 7.9 million bid for pablo maffeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would give him a chance to be back up of Walker and would try to sell Danilo until he has some value of course it wont be nowhere near what Real made us pay for him.

He was great at Girona again, was a regular, played well, not much more we can ask from a player loaned out. If the standout loanees dont get a good chance the rest has even less chance to make it. Can play fullback and also wingback in a 532 formation or 352.
And it was in a top league with a club performing way above their target.

I can't shake the feeling that Maffeo is getting sold this summer. No rumors of him coming back, and no rumors of Danilo going anywhere. I doubt Stuttgart is out there cold calling regarding random La Liga players either. It's disappointing but I think we should probably start adjusting our expectations here.

How can we give him a proper chance if we have Walker and Danilo? He get cup games and the occasional of the bench game. With him used to playing every week he might not want to do that. Best thing is another loan sell Danilo next summer the bring him back or city much just cash in.

How can we give him a proper chance if we have Walker and Danilo? He get cup games and the occasional of the bench game. With him used to playing every week he might not want to do that. Best thing is another loan sell Danilo next summer the bring him back or city much just cash in.
Maffeo's contract expires next summer. Needs to sign an extension for your plan to work.

Maybe the outlay will be better, otherwise Stuttgart will be made out as bad eggs in the deal. Bad puns aside, Maffeo's future is a tricky one to call. He has had a good season at GIrona and he should be given a crack but Danillo has proven to very good cover and can push Walker for the first team spot.

He had a good game tonight did Danilo and it compares very favourably with what Kyle had to offer last Sunday.

And i believe the opposite Danilo has not got Walkers pace but is a far superior footballer who it is easy to see struggles at left back, but i do want Maffeo back if we are going to utilize the wing back position fully it will cause injuries and in a 60 game season that is a lot of opportunities for Maffeo to push Danilo out , for me the same can be said for the left wing back roles as well
Well he certainly looked very decent last night.

I think the timing is bad for Maffeo. I think if he came back next season, his playing opportunities would be occasional at best. If I were him, I'd either stay at Girona another year, or take the Stuttgart offer. It would give him another 12 months at top level football, another 12 months to gain experience and maturity. The club should definitely insert a buyback clause in there though.

The harsh reality is we have two good senior right backs who pep has just brought in. I don't see Danilo going so Maffeo would be third choice! We and PM are better taking the money and getting a buy back if we can. This would be a good result all round, I don't see a problem. We have plenty of players coming through, moving on players who have had a run at first team football is an important part of a healthy academy. If we don't move them on they will just get stale! I would argue that lopes has come good in part due to leaving in the same way as denayer has not progressed as he has had too many loans and not settled anywhere. Foden is the one I want to see next year!

Maybe we should cash in at circa £10m with a buy-back clause added to any potential deal.

Danilo and Walker are both excellent full-backs, who can adapt to a change in formation as and when required.

Whilst it’s somewhat presumptuous at this stage to think Mendy will be a success, we might face a similar predicament with Angelino. Delph’s consistently high class performances at left back this season have been a very pleasant surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.