Subbuteo

I also used to use the subbuteo pitch and goals to also play a game against myself using 1/32 scale footballers which came out for a short while. I sadly created whole seasons (for some reason Ipswich won the league). I had the best part of 4000 soldiers as well, and my Dad built 3 stands (including a 2-tier one) which I spent hours putting 4000 soldiers in to have a "full house". If you ignored some were Indians with spears, others were Romans in toga's and there there was shed loads of Germans with guns aiming at the players it looked quite realistic

We even at primary school convinced the teachers to let us organise a school cup with about 20 kids all going through group stages, semis and a final to crown a school champion.
Great school idea
Sadly nowadays 'everyone' is a winner, so you wouldn't be able to play to a winner. Only until every match was a draw

Loved subbuteo, all my teams ended up 5 a side & my nets/goals crushed, ended up making my own out of pencils & the netting from a bag of oranges, feeling all nostalgic about football related games, anyone remember Striker on the Amstrad 464 I think it was ? Or was it on the Commodore 64 or Spectrum ?

Don't remember that one! I had an Amstrad back in the day - the best games for me were:

Match Day 2 - slow, but 2 players on the same team!
Emlyn Hughes' International Soccer - able to kick the ball in directions other than just straight ahead!
The Boss - better than the original Football Manager.
Tracksuit Manager - managing international teams.
Footballer of the Year - wasn't bad but a bit repetitive...

I also used to use the subbuteo pitch and goals to also play a game against myself using 1/32 scale footballers which came out for a short while. I sadly created whole seasons (for some reason Ipswich won the league). I had the best part of 4000 soldiers as well, and my Dad built 3 stands (including a 2-tier one) which I spent hours putting 4000 soldiers in to have a "full house". If you ignored some were Indians with spears, others were Romans in toga's and there there was shed loads of Germans with guns aiming at the players it looked quite realistic
Doffs cap.

Growing up in the 80s and 90s subbeto was right of passage for most young lads of that era.
I remember having the pristine green pitch laid out on my bedroom floor and if I was good my parents would put it out on the dinner table. Used to get easily ruffled up though.

Used to love going to the toy shop and picking out a new set and then as my collection grew purchasing the floodlights and then dug outs and then a few stands. For some reason used to love orange adidas tango football I got for it.

Great days. Was something I wish I/my parents had kept hold off but sadly it was all either sold at a boot fair or given away.

Such innocent fun and used to spend hours playing it when I was younger.

Anyone still have the sets or any ex avid players.
Great game and great memories.

Growing up in the 80s and 90s subbeto was right of passage for most young lads of that era.
I remember having the pristine green pitch laid out on my bedroom floor and if I was good my parents would put it out on the dinner table. Used to get easily ruffled up though.

Used to love going to the toy shop and picking out a new set and then as my collection grew purchasing the floodlights and then dug outs and then a few stands. For some reason used to love orange adidas tango football I got for it.

Great days. Was something I wish I/my parents had kept hold off but sadly it was all either sold at a boot fair or given away.

Such innocent fun and used to spend hours playing it when I was younger.

Anyone still have the sets or any ex avid players.

I'm 34 and got all mine in my dads loft :-)

Indians, spears, Romans, Germans? Is this Anfield?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.