Subbuteo

I had my pitch pinned down onto chipboard and had stands down one side of the pitch and behind both goals, the stands were filled with all my teams rather than the supporters that cost a fortune for a bag of 5, two Cityesque floodlights, scoreboard, dugouts.

I just played my own way/rules controlling both teams, I loved it.

My dad used to pick up my exercise books with all the results and tables printed in them and throw it down demanding to know why my school books were not to the same neat standard, he was a massive prick.

I only sold it about 15 years ago, a collector online gave me a decent amount for it, considering it had gone unsold at car boots etc (I mostly bought it from these events btw, I was not a rich kid) apparently I had two rare teams in the mix.

No doubt he fleeced me but there was nowhere to check the prices really.

ps just remembered I never used those oversized balls either but some ones that looked to scale, not sure where I got them from, probably some craft style items?

Don't remember that one! I had an Amstrad back in the day - the best games for me were:

Match Day 2 - slow, but 2 players on the same team!
Emlyn Hughes' International Soccer - able to kick the ball in directions other than just straight ahead!
The Boss - better than the original Football Manager.
Tracksuit Manager - managing international teams.
Footballer of the Year - wasn't bad but a bit repetitive...
Football director was a great manager game.

He should have used some 2b1 round the perimeter (under the plyboard !!!!) Panel pins and jobs a good un.

Hahaha …. My dad would have thought you were talking in some sort of code if you’d told him this. I can’t be sure (memory not perfect after 46 years) but I think the board he used was knicked from workmen who were working at the local night club in Offerton where he used to work at the weekend.

Don't remember that one! I had an Amstrad back in the day - the best games for me were:

Match Day 2 - slow, but 2 players on the same team!
Emlyn Hughes' International Soccer - able to kick the ball in directions other than just straight ahead!
The Boss - better than the original Football Manager.
Tracksuit Manager - managing international teams.
Footballer of the Year - wasn't bad but a bit repetitive...
Football star manager on c64 was my game growing up, could spend all day on it :), by kevin tomms i think? memorys not the same nowadays!!

My Dad (who is 83) told me he used to find an old blanket and draw lines for the pitch. Use his Mums stockings for nets and coat hangers made into goalposts.

Wasn't really into subbuteo, probably lacked the finger flicking skills.

Always loved and probably still think about more than is healthy over action man. With his realistic hair, scar, gripping hands and eagle eyes, great times. If I wasn't chucking bangers at his jeep, I was doing search and rescue missions with my sister's Sindy!

My neighbour, Robin, gave me an absolute ton of action man gear, but kept one green jacket, Hibs. I know there were kits for amongst others, rags, victims, toffees, arse, chels, totters as well as Celtic and rangers. They even had a special edition footballer with sideburns.

But don't ever seem to recall seeing any City/Action Man tie-ins, of strips or badges or stickers. Does anyone else recall this blatant anti City malarkey or am I having a moment!?

The makers were Palitoy of Leicester so wonder if Leics or villa had strips too? Just seems a bit of an oversight as we were still a decent team in the 70s despite PJS' best efforts!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.