Subbuteo

Wasn't really into subbuteo, probably lacked the finger flicking skills.

Always loved and probably still think about more than is healthy over action man. With his realistic hair, scar, gripping hands and eagle eyes, great times. If I wasn't chucking bangers at his jeep, I was doing search and rescue missions with my sister's Sindy!

My neighbour, Robin, gave me an absolute ton of action man gear, but kept one green jacket, Hibs. I know there were kits for amongst others, rags, victims, toffees, arse, chels, totters as well as Celtic and rangers. They even had a special edition footballer with sideburns.

But don't ever seem to recall seeing any City/Action Man tie-ins, of strips or badges or stickers. Does anyone else recall this blatant anti City malarkey or am I having a moment!?

The makers were Palitoy of Leicester so wonder if Leics or villa had strips too? Just seems a bit of an oversight as we were still a decent team in the 70s despite PJS' best efforts!

This looks like what you're on about.

I used to hate show offs who had stands, refs, crowds and all that shit.

The only team I ever bought was Peru and they used to play a combination of what was left of the original reds and blues.

Wasn't really into subbuteo, probably lacked the finger flicking skills.

Always loved and probably still think about more than is healthy over action man. With his realistic hair, scar, gripping hands and eagle eyes, great times. If I wasn't chucking bangers at his jeep, I was doing search and rescue missions with my sister's Sindy!

My neighbour, Robin, gave me an absolute ton of action man gear, but kept one green jacket, Hibs. I know there were kits for amongst others, rags, victims, toffees, arse, chels, totters as well as Celtic and rangers. They even had a special edition footballer with sideburns.

But don't ever seem to recall seeing any City/Action Man tie-ins, of strips or badges or stickers. Does anyone else recall this blatant anti City malarkey or am I having a moment!?

The makers were Palitoy of Leicester so wonder if Leics or villa had strips too? Just seems a bit of an oversight as we were still a decent team in the 70s despite PJS' best efforts!
No - AM never made City kits... so I had one made for mine...

Attachments

• AM_Summerbee.jpg
    AM_Summerbee.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.