Submarine disaster near Bali

cyberblue

Looks like 55 Submariners lost their lives
RIP.
In 1971
I was based at HMS Dolphin the submarine base at Gosport near Portsmouth when HMS Artemis sunk in the harbour
Luckily all survived God Bless

Last edited:
Heard about this yesterday , sounded awful, think they mentioned it was located 800 metres down when it’s depth limit was 500 metres, and that they’d have run out of oxygen some hours earlier.

Always had a fascination about submarines, but always had that uneasy feeling that it was an all or nothing occupation, it’s a fuckin horrible way to die and my condolences to their families.

R.I.P

Some fascinating stuff regarding rescues from stricken subs.
Personally you wouldn't get me in one for all the weed in Morocco but the life of a submariner is a tough one. Got a mate who did the whole cold war, sneaking around, under for months stuff with RN.

RIP, I've always had a big respect for submariners, it's a very difficult job. Imagine lockdown albeit you have to work almost 24/7, you can't leave the house and you aren't allowed windows.

Some fascinating stuff regarding rescues from stricken subs.
Personally you wouldn't get me in one for all the weed in Morocco but the life of a submariner is a tough one. Got a mate who did the whole cold war, sneaking around, under for months stuff with RN.
Worked the sett tanks at gosport but I think it's all gone now and submariners from all over the world used it. They had to breath out on the way up otherwise they'd do themself a proper mischief and that's were us bubble-heads came in. Boyles Law of partial pressure. Must have been a terrible end that the poor young lads faced and not a hope in hell at those depths.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.