suicide on the railway

I lived in a violent house with an alcholic mother growing up and thought about it many times but there was no way i was leaving my sister alone with it. Thankfully i never really came close as i obviously got older and things improved. I like everyone else have down times and have been very depressed but it took i bout of illness to make me realise how precious life is and how it should be treasured. I feel so sorry for people who commit suicide, how down must you be at the time as that is how you feel is the only way out? so sad, i wish i could talk to every last one of them just before. Poor souls.

Someone above mentioned about seeing your doctor if you feel depressed, well my mates mum recently took an overdose but was saved thank goodness. A counsellor came to see her in hospital and deemed that she was ok to be discharged to the care of her GP her GP has referred her for counselling but there is a waiting list of 6 months - shocking situation

Despite all the fuckwittery, mindless inane threads, and sometimes over-zealous mods, Bluemoon really does come through at times of need. Thanks all for offering to lend an ear and offer support.

For my story, I have contemplated suicide, wondering whether the washing line attached to the gazebo in my garden would hold my weight. I've suffered depression on and off for years, and more recently health anxiety (which is a fucking bastard by the way!). CBT really helped with the anxiety (thanks NHS!).I'm currently on regular medication which is keeping it at bay!

If anyone needs anything, pm me please.

Merry Christmas

Henkeman said:
One of the things I struggle to understand is that the railway industry don't mention that there have been suicides (they talk about an incident) because they've found If they do, then there spates of copycat suicides immediately after. I just find that appalling and it confuses me to think that the horror of what someone sadly did actually pushes someone else to take the same action. It's terrible.

The logic is if someone finds a good 'spot' to end their lives in such a fashion, then others will use the same area.

Henkeman said:
One of the things I struggle to understand is that the railway industry don't mention that there have been suicides (they talk about an incident) because they've found If they do, then there spates of copycat suicides immediately after. I just find that appalling and it confuses me to think that the horror of what someone sadly did actually pushes someone else to take the same action. It's terrible.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/197/3/234.abstract" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/197/3/234.abstract</a>

I work on the railway.

Recently been working around the Stone area and there was an incident on the Sunday night (which I was off) came in Monday night to chaos at a level crossing.

Very sad, the young girl who committed suicide had recently lost her boyfriend in the same way. The story made the Daily Mirror.

This kind of thing happens all the time all over the UK but speaking to a Network Rail bloke who was there that night and through my own experiences it happens a lot more than you hear about.

Very selfish in my opinion but you don't know what these people are going through.

Suicide is by necessity a selfish act. A person ends their life to end their pain. I can't ever condemn a person for that.

johnny on the spot said:
Suicide is by necessity a selfish act. A person ends their life to end their pain. I can't ever condemn a person for that.

100% agree.

BlueHammer85 said:
johnny on the spot said:
Sadly another person threw themselves under a train at Chester-le-Street this afternoon. That's three times this year such an incident has occurred while I've been travelling from or to there. The staff at the station are heartbroken again, a family is in tatters and a train driver has to close his eyes and see things we'll never truly imagine.

Please, if you're in trouble at this time of year, just tell someone.

I think I suffer with depression pretty bad. I've thought about suicide but never even come close to attempting. I've talked to close mates and family about how i feel but doesn't find it helps that much to be honest. A few hours alone and I just feel bloody down. It's only been recently because it's been a sh*t year. So I'm hoping next year will just feel like a fresh start.

Find Bluemoon helps, keeping fit and listening to shit albums. Also w.ham keeping me happy so not all bad I s'pose.
Haha.......you certainly do! I'm sure Big Sam is keeping your spirits up as well right now.

johnny on the spot said:

I have a different viewpoint. I don't see that act of taking your own life selfish. It is your life. What is selfish about ending your own agony? If you have the ability to do so. People will be upset and in some cases you might ruin the lives of others in doing it. Yet still I don't see it is a selfish act.

It's akin to those people who say "he/she took the easy way out.."
How would they ever know? Nobody knows what courage or what feelings you need to commit suicide, save for the ones who actually do it. People may feel like doing it, but that's not the same thing.

Bottom line. I dont care who commits suicide, even someone from my own family, I will not be calling them selfish or be belittling them in death. Sometimes it feels like there are a million reasons to end it and very few to keep going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.