Summer Net Spend

Net spend balance has 0 relevance in FFP anyway.
Having a low net spend balance just means your owner doesn't want the club to invest money. Or that the club can't afford it.
City having a lower net spend balance is logical because you invested earlier in young players who have been successful gambles (Gabriel Jesus was very impressive in that Copa America). Thus, you don't really need a lot of(or big) signings to be competitive. A bit like when Real Madrid spent a lot around 2009 and didn't have to spend in the past 5 years.
Of course net spend is relevant towards FFP. If we have a net spend of 1 billion then we’re more than likely failing FFP. If we have a net spend of 100 million we’re probably ok. It’s a very relevant stat to the running of the club to balance the books. Barca are the perfect example of that this summer.

In

Rodri 62.5m
Angelino 5.3m
Steffen 6.5m

Out

Luiz 15m
Delph 8.5m
Mari 1.0m
Ambrose 2.3m
Garcia 3.6m
Taylor Richards 2.5m

Balance 41.4M Spent

If I miss any incoming and outgoing let me know and I will update
Thanks for collating this.

Everyone in the media seems to use transfermkt to get their data, but I find that a really awkward site to use because they list their players under three headings:

Manchester City
Manchester City2
Manchester City U-18s

and with City selling so many young players now, the data is really "out" if you just search under Manchester City. Last season, City almost broke even, but if you look at the reports in the national media, they were tens of millions out.

Another thing that irritiates me is the media's use of initial fees in te transfer market. It creates a real problem when some add ons will never be met, whiilst others are more or less guaranteed. I don't understand how transfer sites keep track of data like this. How do they know when the add-ons are triggered. Do they just report the initial fees? It seems general they do, but not always.

I think the Premier League should force all clubs to disclose their transfer costs, agents payments. The wage costs appear in the annual reports, but a lot of other stuff gets hidden, and the media manipulate it, especially in respect of City.

Yeah I don't get what that website does or why.

When they're bought they as youngsters they're counted under the transfers of the senior team, but when sold as youngsters they're counted in the transfers youth teams (though to confuse more, some aren't). Think they're a bit of bogus myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.