Ben Thatcher £100,000
David James £2,000,000
Steve McManaman Free
Claudio Reyna £2,500,000
Antoine Sibierski £700,000
Paul Bosvelt £2,000,000
Trevor Sinclair £2,500,000

What a summer!

I was buzzing when we signed McManaman, remember seeing him run the game when we beat Villa 4-1 and Anelka scored a hattrick. Unfortunately it was his only good game for us!

I might be wrong but I thought we signed David James in a January transfer window though? Seaman got injured/was rubbish, retired and we got James in?

Last edited:
Pretty much all of them were past it. Reyna and Bosvelt were decent and to be fair to Sinclair and Sibi they tried but it just wouldn't click. We were pretty shit. Didn't stop me loving it though. Looking on the bright side then was probably as annoying as the flapping is today. :-)

De Vlieger must have been absolutely wank because we signed Arason on loan to play the Spurs cup game with James (Jan Signing) being cup-tied

Sinclair was one of those players who I always thought of as a City player. I know we got him eventually but I mean before that. It's hard to explain. The best example I can think of is Dean Saunders who I thought would have fit us perfectly.

I do not know who Geert De Vlieger is?

53302362-geert-de-vlieger-of-manchester-city-in-action-gettyimages.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.