Summer of Discontent is coming

mat

I really do hope so. Been depressing the last week reading some of the comments from those also struggling blaming the RMT more than they do the government or the companies that are profiting significantly themselves. If more follow suit, the penny will drop at some point surely, even with such an imbalanced media.
GMB announcement at 12:00 a strike vote could fuck Heathrow airport up.

metalblue

Experience is a terrible teacher, it gives the exa
Good.

We should also support the campaign to cancel direct debits for energy bills on masse and I’d be up for blocking refineries until prices are dropped by both retailers and government who are frankly taking the fucking piss with taxation right now.

Blocking refineries? Fuel not expensive enough for you already?

TheBlueDune

GMB announcement at 12:00 a strike vote could fuck Heathrow airport up.
Members voted in favour. Mostly check-in staff.
Had a 10% pay-cut during pandemic and offered a 10% one-off bonus, i.e. still being paid 10% less next year and the following year and the following year and ...

bluethrunthru

Members voted in favour. Mostly check-in staff.
Had a 10% pay-cut during pandemic and offered a 10% one-off bonus, i.e. still being paid 10% less next year and the following year and the following year and ...

which neatly also reduces pension entitlement going forwards etc etc - as I said these things are a gimmick - the number looks good but you need to see the implications of the thing - mostly best to tell them to stick it

Fred_Quimby

Looks like the workers have finally cottoned on and are revolting. Can’t blame them. Enough is enough. It’s all a distraction anyway. Just one more thing. One after another.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.