Discontent that will end the Tory Govt is coming

A lot if this inflation isn't due to people spending. Fuel and food are going up due to outside pressures. I don't see how people getting a pay rise in line with the cost of living will increase inflation. People are actually suffering pay cuts.
I think Rolls Royce had the right idea offering a bonus type payment to help this year (Although that was rejected too)

I think Rolls Royce had the right idea offering a bonus type payment to help this year (Although that was rejected too)

does little to fix an ongoing issue - what about next year if things don't turn around for some time? Employers like it - its not baked in to any costs - its a one off cost they can take on the chin - the year after say 2023/4 wages are fixed at 2021 levels- its smoke and mirrors that was avoided by a former employer of mine who tried this on but which in negotiations with us at the union was rejected as a gimmick

does little to fix an ongoing issue - what about next year if things don't turn around for some time? Employers like it - its not baked in to any costs - its a one off cost they can take on the chin - the year after say 2023/4 wages are fixed at 2021 levels- its smoke and mirrors that was avoided by a former employer of mine who tried this on but which in negotiations with us at the union was rejected as a gimmick
Think they offered 4% too which given inflation is artificially high currently seemed a decent offer to me. I am used to working in small private industry companies though where pay rises are usually small or non existent.

Think they offered 4% too which given inflation is artificially high currently seemed a decent offer to me. I am used to working in small private industry companies though where pay rises are usually small or non existent.

4% on the day inflation went to 9.1% is still a cut in real terms - as I say the cash sum is just a gimmick.

I was a Union Rep for 10 years in a business that had 5k employee's - did the wage negotiating teams twice - also did other business changes discussions. You'd be amazed how often we produced a glossy brochure or a photocopy of same the business but out to the stock exchange saying how well they were doing and how much they were going to pay in dividends when they tried the opening gambit of " well its been such a bad year". The business side seemed surprised we had access to stuff in the public domain - some members were shareholders and gladly shared their brochure ffs.

They are all the same - duplicitous cunts who want to pay as little as possible - their funniest ploy was the year they decided leak stuff and blame it on the union side and we had to point out that what had been leaked had not appeared on an agenda yet so we couldn't know it so couldn't leak it. When HR was outsourced it got even sillier.

It’s a real terms cut?
My personal view is that the government should be helping all people by extending the Personal Allowance, extending the basic rate tax band and tweaking how allowances can be used between married couples (I get this would need paying for somehow) but pay rises are a lottery depending on where you work and whether you have a Union or not. I also think that your pay and your inflation are different things. If you earn £2000 per month net for example and get a 9% pay rise, you end up with £1800 extra. If your costs are £1500 a month and of these £1000 are variable (most loans/debt are fixed nowadays) then your costs might have gone up by £900 a year. You end up £900 better off. I know that’s simplistic but it’s the only way I could think to illustrate the point I am making. Obviously not everyone will agree and that’s the beauty of debate!

4% on the day inflation went to 9.1% is still a cut in real terms - as I say the cash sum is just a gimmick.

I was a Union Rep for 10 years in a business that had 5k employee's - did the wage negotiating teams twice - also did other business changes discussions. You'd be amazed how often we produced a glossy brochure or a photocopy of same the business but out to the stock exchange saying how well they were doing and how much they were going to pay in dividends when they tried the opening gambit of " well its been such a bad year". The business side seemed surprised we had access to stuff in the public domain - some members were shareholders and gladly shared their brochure ffs.

They are all the same - duplicitous cunts who want to pay as little as possible - their funniest ploy was the year they decided leak stuff and blame it on the union side and we had to point out that what had been leaked had not appeared on an agenda yet so we couldn't know it so couldn't leak it. When HR was outsourced it got even sillier.
I can imagine!

if you are not a worker you are a shirker...#paul dacre
the british working class are the laziest least productive in europe..# patel, raab, and co-conspirators in britain unchained
This war was won on the playing fields of eton #w,churchill
The Kremlin paying the miners to strike. #murdoch/dacre/thatcher alliance
A rise for nurses will bankrupt the country # digby jones
There's no such thing as community #thatcher
Immigrants are rapists and thieves # murdoch
Rivers of blood # enoch powell
Sunny uplands cheaper food £350,000.000 a week for the NHS, northern powerhouse, high-wage high employment, easiest deal in history, there were no parties at number 10, world-leading track and trace (£35 billion and counting) # johnson , and repeated continuously by the rwnj's on this forum.
Deliberately quoting a driver's wage (who are not on strike) as the wage of a cleaner/ticket office worker is predictable/inevitable, as is the billionaire brexit architects who own the msm, repeating the lie.
A random collection of quotes that illustrate the tory ethos/ideology
Feed the greed fuck the rest....
“I think Oxford does help you an enormous amount. I remember when I first went into the House of Commons in 1950; I felt I was coming home.” Ted Heath

My personal view is that the government should be helping all people by extending the Personal Allowance, extending the basic rate tax band and tweaking how allowances can be used between married couples (I get this would need paying for somehow) but pay rises are a lottery depending on where you work and whether you have a Union or not. I also think that your pay and your inflation are different things. If you earn £2000 per month net for example and get a 9% pay rise, you end up with £1800 extra. If your costs are £1500 a month and of these £1000 are variable (most loans/debt are fixed nowadays) then your costs might have gone up by £900 a year. You end up £900 better off. I know that’s simplistic but it’s the only way I could think to illustrate the point I am making. Obviously not everyone will agree and that’s the beauty of debate!

Do we really want people to pay less tax and run down public services even further?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.