Discontent that will end the Tory Govt is coming

Do we really want people to pay less tax and run down public services even further?
I don’t want the tax coming in to fall. I’d prefer it was taken from those who can afford it more. The government don’t want big pay rises so they need to do something to deter this. However I can’t see it.

I don’t want the tax coming in to fall. I’d prefer it was taken from those who can afford it more. The government don’t want big pay rises so they need to do something to deter this. However I can’t see it.

Well obviously the Tories aren't going to put up taxes on the rich (unless they are planning to go from 50% to 40% at the next election).

I’m doing everything to get my money out there. Maybe not much, but we do our best. The problem is, I’m as skint as everybody else because my commute has doubled and my energy bills, due to trying to keep a home close to my heart (Manchester) means that I don’t have that much more to give.

I suppose I could’ve put my money into capitalist shares and not stashed it under the mattress, would’ve done me well. However, I’ve never seen myself as a **** so will just have to live with my decisions, which I’m more than happy with.

Full scale revolution.

Jesus fucking Christ this place is fucking insane.
Anybody who still falls for the lies and corruption of the worst Government in my lifetime is insane.

There are different types of revolution, for instance Christopher Hitchens referred to the Blair government as a revolutionary radical government.

There are just not enough cars in the system to meet the demand. If you sell your own car today you will be able to do so at a premium.

For the leasing companies they are paying top dollar for the vehicles which is then reflected in their pricing.
A new lease today on the car I've ordered is £100pm more compared to when I ordered in April which is about a 20% increase in 3 months. The price of the car itself from the manufacturer hasn't gone up 20% in 3 months, admittedly the lease is still cheaper than any other option but only because the other options are all coining in on it too.

I'll need to sell my current car when the new one is ready and at the moment dealers are quoting me £22-23k for mine saying I won't get any more than that anywhere else. The funny thing is I can view their cars for sale online and I've seen similar ones going for £30k so it's clearly a load of bollocks.

All of these companies are just taking advantage of people and the situation we've found ourselves in post-COVID. They're claiming high costs but that's a load of crap and all we're seeing is a push to up their margins. They're getting away with it because we have a unique situation where people have no choice but to pay it (due to post-COVID supply issues).

Last edited:
Do we really want people to pay less tax and run down public services even further?
Why will lower taxes result in run down public services? Right now we're borrowing more or less £2 for every £1 we spend so your taxes aren't really funding too much and at least 10% of your tax bill goes towards paying interest on the national debt.

We could give people a massive tax break which puts money in their pockets to spend, the economy then grows and we just borrow the rest against that growth like we always have to keep public spending as it is.

The problem today is not how much tax we pay but what the government does with it. We're at the most heavily taxed point in history yet we have perhaps the worst public service provision in decades and apparently we're all skint and the economy is tanking as well. Clearly taxes are not the answer.

This is perhaps why I think the windfall tax thing is just funny. We think taxes go straight to frontline NHS care but actually the majority is probably used to pay for computer systems that don't work or buses with no wheels and that kind of thing it seems.

Last edited:
Why will lower taxes result in run down public services? Right now we're borrowing more or less £2 for every £1 we spend so your taxes aren't really funding too much and at least 10% of your tax bill goes towards paying interest on the national debt.

We could give people a massive tax break which puts money in their pockets to spend, the economy then grows and we just borrow the rest against that growth like we always have to keep public spending as it is.

The problem today is not how much tax we pay but what the government does with it. We're at the most heavily taxed point in history yet we have perhaps the worst public service provision in decades and apparently we're all skint and the economy is tanking as well. Clearly taxes are not the answer.

This is perhaps why I think the windfall tax thing is just funny. We think taxes go straight to frontline NHS care but actually the majority is probably used to pay for computer systems that don't work or buses with no wheels and that kind of thing it seems.

Yeah that's not how it works though is it?

This is a Tory government so tax cuts now mean spending cuts eventually.

The government via the BOE owns much of it's own debt anyway.

Not going to get into the rest as it is just the usual nihilistic polemic and can't be arsed going back and forth with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.